ESP V-100 vs. jackson RR-3

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
here's the deal, shoppin around for a guitar. both those are in my price range (both on sale at musicians friend) the esp being $240 and that jackson being $300. the ESP has 24 frets and the jackson has 22. both have the same neck scale. and both have seymore duncan pickups although i'm not sure what ones. all the wood is the same. ESP is string thru and the jackson is floyd rose.

so there isnt much difference according to desriptions. but i want opinions from people who have played them.

i am leaning toward the ESP because i know i have the money for it and i would have to scrounge a lil for the jackson. i really dont care about the floyd rose, i imagine that is whats driving up the price on the jackson.

so please give me your thoughts, opinions, experiences. is the jackson really worth the extra 60 bucks (most of which i dont have)?
~gR~

ok sorry i cant answer you because i have no experience with ESP but go for the jacskon....AND HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET GUITARS SO CHEAP IN AMERICA?!?!?!?!?
in england we would have to pay roughly £400 - 500 for that which is about $500 - 600

Originally posted by MetalHordes
i don't know about the RR-3, but i love my RR-1!

and yeah, leper iffinity, i know how you feel, when i was in england a while ago i was checking out guitar prices...insane! :eek:

apprently they change the dollar sign to a pound sign half way across the atlantic......its fucking shit!

lepper, these are on sale at www.musiciansfriend.com. the original price of the jackson is 600 or so, but it is on sale for 300. and the ESP is 500 and is on sale for 240.

the original prices may be a lil high, i think they are the suggested retail prices. but even still, its spendy.

maybe you guys in the UK can order for musicians friend, i'd check it out, theyve got some huge deals
~gR~

Originally posted by genocide roach
goto www.musiciansfriend.com

and get guitars cheap
~gR~

....or just order a custom ran guitar from poland...thats what im doing....its costing me £500 in all and thats including delivery and its a damn fine guitar....i saw Decapitated and vader playing with them live and i checked them out....they kick ass!

hmmmm i dont think musicians friend ship to england which is a right FUCK!

ive heard that about string through. thats why i got it. i really have no use for a floyd rose. i can do all the bending i need on the strings
~gR~