ESP vs. Jackson

I've got both a Jackson and an ESP, and so far the later one wins.

I've got a Kelly-2 Jackson and a FM-400 ESP.

Prettier, plays better, and what a huge sound!

Alex

I have a jackson, I got It second hand and it bites ass. looks good, but the tones are just dusty. Even for metal it sounds messy. The action is impossible to get comfortable. Im an Ibanez man personally, but the ESP's i've played have felt sooooooo slick. VERY VERY fast necks and the intonation sounded and felt perfect some how. I would reside with ESP right away if I had any money... but I dont :cry:

King Chaos said:
I have a jackson, I got It second hand and it bites ass. looks good, but the tones are just dusty. Even for metal it sounds messy. The action is impossible to get comfortable.
Umm...that sounds like it's just poorly set up. Tone is dusty = fret buzz? Or some weird resonance from the trem springs? I'd bet it would play and sound much better with the right amount of truss rod adjustment. Btw, if you're still running it off the stock pickups, it's also very likely that they suck.

Not trying to be a smartass, but it does sound like something is off with your guitar...

I own both a Jackson and ESP and they both are great guitars to play and both sound really good.

I agree that my Jackson probably does need doing up, but its only like three years old and Ive given a good once over reacently... its definately the pick ups that are fooked. Anyway, a great guitar should never die :headbang: or sommat like that. My Ibanez still sounds as good as new and thats also three years old. @ Iced In flames: I respect your opinion, but I dont understand it:guh: Ive played tonnes of guitars after working in a guitar shop for a short amount of time and I have to say the Ibanezs' were my favourite and still are... fast, comfortable and sound like absolute monsters!!!! All you could need in a guitar, in my opinion ;)

My jackson is the coolest piece of garbage around, its a $400 guitar, but it looks like a custom for $3000 :lol: so HA!!! mine and gavins jackson's PWN

If i didnt own 1 strat and 1 ibanez 7 string, i would be playing jacksons exclusively. my first guitar was a jackson, my second guitar was a jackson, my most recent guitar is a jackson and ive never played a better/more affordable/cooler looking guitar in my life

Get the best. Fuck the rest.