help me ive been spoiled by Jackson USA

paddok

Aug 7, 2002
deathfm.tk
Ugh so i went to guitar center today, and spend about 3 hours playing on a Jackson USA kelly and almost bought it without any intention of buying it. Ive only played a select few guitars before. and everything else i played at the store felt like crap. from 2500 les pauls to 300 dollar warlocks. The only think that stands remotly close in terms of feel and speed is my Japan made ESP m-III.

Am i too spoiled now that ive played a usa jackson ?

I excited to buy a gibson gothic explorer. but I went in today and played a normal gibson explorer and it felt like crap. Should I just take the extra plung and get a jackson ? does anything else feel remotely similar ?

damn you jackson usa. damn you to hell. :mad:

Mwahah! Welcome to the dark ssside! :D

Seriously though, I don't have the cash to get a USA Jackson (not at the prices we get here in Europe anyway). If you can afford it, I'd say go for it.

'bane

Jacksons are great. *Acting as a voice in your head* BUY IT! BUY IT! BUTY IT! BUY THE GODDAMN THING ALL READY! GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND BUY THAT FUCKING GUITAR OR I'LL CAUSE YOU TO GO LIMP WHILE FUCKING THE WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS!!!

And that's probably what those voices will say until you buy it. You don't want that, do you?

Originally posted by Mattias of the Night
Me too! One of my greater purchases in life.

Go buy dat baby paddok. Just not from Guitar Center.

Aye, I feel like a little ass. I put it on hold there, with no intention of buying or even calling back.

Why pay 1600 for guitar + case when i could pay 1095 for same thing on ebay ?

Ugh i think ima hafta take the plunge soon.. Just gotta sell my ESP first though.

GET the USA Jackson... But don't get it from Guitar Center unless you know someone there.

www.onlinestagegear.com
www.guitarxpress.com
www.nealsmusic.com
www.gmwguitars.com

Any one of these places will do you right, at a much, much better price.

I'd recommend Online Stage Gear, he's the sponsor of the Jackson Charvel Forum www.jcfonline.com, and great deals can be found there AND at the retailers I listed.

I'm a Jackson addict... I've got over a half dozen Custom USAs. I know what you mean when you pick up anything else, and it just doesn't match up...

I'd say go for it. You'll be happy, and won't regret it!

I got mine from guitarshop.net. I got it brand new, ordered directly from Jackson. You'll have to wait for a few months, but you can order the exact guitar you want and get it supa dupa brand new that no kid at a guitar center has ever touched!

Of course, the ones in stock at onlinestagegear.com were mighty nice too.

Originally posted by Mattias of the Night
I got mine from guitarshop.net. I got it brand new, ordered directly from Jackson. You'll have to wait for a few months, but you can order the exact guitar you want and get it supa dupa brand new that no kid at a guitar center has ever touched!

Of course, the ones in stock at onlinestagegear.com were mighty nice too.

Type out the whole adresses next time, asshole! This way, I have to copy the adress, open a new browser window and then paste the adress.

I know that feeling... last year I found a RR-1T in Pile O'Skulls finish at a shop in Hamburg. Greatest guitar I've ever played; unfortunately I didn't have the 3500 EUROS it costed (and I wouldn't have bought it from them anyways).

www.onlinestagegear.com is the way to go.
BTW, the prices shown on their site are MAP, you will probably get them even cheaper. :)