Help me choose a mid-priced electric guitar.

and don't get me wrong: strats rule:

510000.jpg

around $350 - $385 for a standard strat (mexican made), price varying on finish. Don't get me wrong, strats rule, and Iron Maiden play them so don't let anyone tell you that they're not metal.

NAD said:
Unless jamming with other people or playing a gig, but I need a guitar for recording purposes only.
In that case, Amazon.com are selling cheap guitars, like:

$60 pube sticking out of a crusty turd
B0002GLEPC.01-AIMZUKBRH6H15._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

$240 Epiphone Les Paul starter kit
B0002F6IU4.01-AIMZUKBRH6H15._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Or anyone of these Epiphones for $600:
B0002CZUS8.01-AIMZUKBRH6H15._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Of course Fenders rule, my baby is a P-bass. :D I'm not looking for a Strat though, I love them, but I need a different tone. Both dudes in my band have Jazzmasters, those things are so fucking cool.

519400.jpg

$670 for bottom of the line Satch model, I don't like the trem bridge though.

Yeah, I'm going to look into Epiphone Les Pauls, just for the cost factor.

Those $60 guitars are useful for throwing at rodents, almost.

My own personal preference are Jackson/Charvel Soloists, but I got mine for fucking dirt cheap used (and it was an 80s made one, so uber-awesome quality), and I can't guarantee the same level of success.

okay, I'm done making suggestions

NicodemiX said:
around $350 - $385 for a standard strat (mexican made), price varying on finish. Don't get me wrong, strats rule, and Iron Maiden play them so don't let anyone tell you that they're not metal.
That's true - I think that's all Dave Murray plays. However, he's replaced the picks ups with some kind of stacked humbucker. Erik suggested this earlier - buy a cheap guitar and get good pick ups.

I did that. I got a Mexican Strat and replaced the pick ups with DiMarzio HS-1 and HS-3 pick ups. I was going through an Yngwie Malmsteen phase at the time...oh dear.

My bro has an Yngwie fully scalloped neck Strat, blonde. The guitar is INSANE, but so is he. :loco:

Puuuurddy....

p21164b.jpg

$569.

NicodemiX said:
My own personal preference are Jackson/Charvel Soloists, but I got mine for fucking dirt cheap used (and it was an 80s made one, so uber-awesome quality), and I can't guarantee the same level of success.
Ugh, I would kill for one of those.

That's what my guitar hero Jake E Lee used to play. Charvels - no Floyd Rose, no locked floating bridge - just straight up, plugged into a flanger, a chorus, and a Boss Distortion.

Bark at the Moon = Best Ozzy Album ever. (After Diary of a Madman).

Picture_115.jpg

Picture_114.jpg

Picture_116.jpg

1989 Charvel 750XL (Japan made, but from the Japan Custom Shop)

I got it for $499 CDN hardshell case included. I simply could not believe that it was so low priced. Its still at school because I wasn't going to tell my parents that I bought yet ANOTHER guitar. I miss it so.

I own two Fender Strats (one regular blue and one red for my Malmsteen fury), a regular old Jackson with Fender body style (for my speed metal Mustaine fury), and a Washburn KC-40V (for my Steve Vai shredding fury).

I unleash the fookin' fury!

Oh, and I also have a Fender Acoustic DG-18CE with built in pickup (for my Agalloch-esque walks along a stream), a Washburn acoustic (for my Radiohead sorrow) and an unbranded nylon string acoustic (for those times when JS Bach wants to lick my love pump).

And I have a huge fuckoff Marshall cabinet where my 2 year old lives, and some Marshall stack thing. The Marshalls never get used because I plug headphones into my Line6 Pod, or I just play the acoustics.

And now, for a picture of my penis....

Goat knows what Arbor, hasn't had strings for 5 years but has about 50 stickers on it.
1997 Fender American Standard P-bass (strings through body, no deeper tone around)
2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling
198x non-electric Ovation something, probably a Balladeer
350W SWR w/ matching 4x10" ported cab

I have to drive right by Sam Ash for work tomorrow, so I think I'm gonna stop by and play some Kellies, and maybe pick up a $124.99 acoustic bass.

Nico, that guitar kicks ASS. Neck-thru = :worship:

And by the way, 4-strings are all you need to unleash the low end fookin' fyoory. :kickass:

I have

Yamaha Nylon String Accoustic
Jackson Rhoads (really cheap one)
Schecter 007 Elite (for doooooooom)
Above pictured Soloist.

too bad I suck at guitar. I don't deserve such awesome equipment, but then again.... That fuck from Linkin Park doesn't deserve a PRS either.

Played a nice Ibanez today, not sure what kind but it was $429 :) , but was pretty banged up :( and had a quilted maple top :yuk: .

Also played a few Epiphone Les Pauls, the only one I liked was one of those voodoo flat black ones, clearance at $400 but had a cracked neck up top. Sucks.

I want to play an Ibanez like that without the stupid veneered finish, and a Jackson Dinky and Kelly, specifically to compare the $300 and $500 versions, see if it's worth it. I love the Kelly shape, but I think the Dinky would be more comfortable to play.

Banged up from some band or history = thrash, banged up from 12 year olds kicking them across the showroom floor = gay.

I'd prefer NO tremolo, but as long as it stays locked, doens't matter much.

Which ones are the RG... oh wait I know that one, I didn't see any at the store today but yeah, I want to check those out. Is that the kind you have?

Whoa, those prices on RG370s are much cheaper than what I saw at my usual outlets, thanks for teh link.

Cool, thanks. I'm going to head to Guitar Center this weekend and try a few out, they have a better selection than Sam Ash (where I went today). Sucks that the place I get great payment deals with (Sam Ash) is the worst music store in terms of selection. I got lucky finding my Ernie Ball there, they were clearancing them out.