I own a Charvel and cant find the year and model...help?

Vienyard

Arrogant Dickhead
Sep 5, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.epicureanmetal.com
Ok, I havent figured out what year and model this damn guitar is. I've had it for years and I've been very curious all this time about its origin. I bought it at a pawnshop, so I'm not sure what hands it's been in. I've tried looking up the serial # at the Charvel site, and nothing matched up. There's nothing on the guitar but the name Charvel, and the serial # on the back of the headstock just under the tuning machines. That's it, no visible model name or anything.

It's got a neck-thru design and it's a solid, heavier feeling instrument than many other Charvels. The only mod I did other than different pickups (I believe the Jackson pickup covers are stock, and theyre still on the guitar) is the cumbersome locking nut that had the 3 allen screw covers that went over the top of them. I replaced that with a less gaudy locking nut. It has Jackson tuners and a Kahler tremolo. The serial # is C604350.

I know the photo is ass, but its all I got for the time being. The guitar is not nearly as yellow as it looks. Its more of an off-white or cream color. It almost looks like it was straight up white brand new, and the color has aged since. I know old Gibson SG shaped Les Pauls used to do that.

Anyway, anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah, and the neck is painted with the rest of the guitar.

Charvel0002.jpg