Oh, how I despise my Warlock's bridge(and Guitar Center): a Two-Part problem

plfffffft

Madly in anger with you
Apr 2, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Part I: So i've got a Platinum Series Warlock with a non-locking Tremolo, and the bridge is MEEEESSED the fuck up. First things first, the nut or whatever that holds the action screws in place keep sliding out, meaning that the bridge itself will not stay in place. Does anybody have any tips for me to fix this particular problem?

Part II: On the same guitar, the fucks at Guitar Center gave me the floor model, but there didn't seem to be any problems with it. Till about a month later when I decided to change the strings. Imagine my surprise when I found that the screw that holds the saddle for my Low E in place was not there. I never went back up to Guitar Center to have it fixed, due to lack of time and funds, so I just dealt with it. but now I'd like to get the screw and spring in there. So does anyone know wheat size screw and spring I need to put on there, or where I can get replacement parts?

Your help is appreciated, guys. I'm kind of a novice at guitar repair, BUT I'M LEARNING! Although sometimes I wish I could just stick a Tune-O-Matic on there. Without leaving a big gaping hole in my guitar:p

plfffffft said:
Part I: So i've got a Platinum Series Warlock with a non-locking Tremolo, and the bridge is MEEEESSED the fuck up. First things first, the nut or whatever that holds the action screws in place keep sliding out, meaning that the bridge itself will not stay in place. Does anybody have any tips for me to fix this particular problem?
Hmm...do I understand correctly...? Is it the bushings for the trem posts that are coming out of the guitar? If it is, remove the trem, take the bushings out and super-glue them back in place. Let the glue cure before reassembling the guitar again.

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a Warlock with a non-locking trem, but then again, BC Riches are not my area of expertise. =)

...the screw that holds the saddle for my Low E in place was not there. I never went back up to Guitar Center to have it fixed, due to lack of time and funds, so I just dealt with it. but now I'd like to get the screw and spring in there. So does anyone know wheat size screw and spring I need to put on there, or where I can get replacement parts?
I'm not quite sure what screw you mean, since I don't know exactly what kind of bridge you've got there. However, your best bet would be to contact BC Rich, or ask on the BC Rich message board.

'bane

Basically, it's the same type of saddle that you'll find on a bridge for a Fender Strat. That option was like 50 bucks less than a Platinum Warlock with a floyd, so I went with that one.

And yeah, it is the bushings for the Trem posts that are loose. I was thinking of just supergluing them, but I wanted to be 100% sure before I did it, becuase I love that guitar and I do not want to fuck it up anymore than it already is:p

Just for the record the bridge is on my Warlock is the same as on this Assassin:

platinum_assassin.jpg

I work at Guitar Center in Arizona. Which one did you go to in PA? Also, it's just as much your fault as it is theirs that the missing part went unnoticed.

Caparison Guitarist said:
I work at Guitar Center in Arizona. Which one did you go to in PA? Also, it's just as much your fault as it is theirs that the missing part went unnoticed.
No offense dude, I didn't mean every Guitar Center in the world, just the one I went to.:p Plus, I work at Sam Ash, so there's a bit of a rivalry there. Anyway, I went to the one in Langhorne or wherever it is.

I'm sure you're a very good guitar salesman, but the guys at the Guitar Center in my area were dicks.

Hmmm, I wonder if the routing is the right size to put a Gotoh Trem on there. One thing I do not like about BC Rich's is there hardware, and I've been thinking about putting a new bridge, tuners, etc on there. I'll have to check it out

Yeah, the only gear I buy from my store is my strings, cables, etc. and possibly a Peavey 5150 head and cab somewhere down the line.

Though, I might save up and get me the Zakk Wylde Les Paul too.

The Zakk LP is built by Gibson's Custom Shop and that alone should differ it from any ordinary LP out there?

I haven't heard anything bout a special neck profile for Zakk's signature model but the neck sure is in maple and it's unfinished so the neck material is clear just by looking at it. Gibson has used maple in the neck for their LP Custom model in ordinary production as well so I'm not sure that there's much unique about his signature model except for the EMG-pick ups and the paintjob of course. I sure wouldn't pay the price it's listed at here in Sweden (around $7000 - yup my friends, you're correct it's around femti jävla papp!) when I could get an ordinary Les Paul Custom a lot cheaper than that.