Mustasch signs with Nuclear Blast

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
From Blabbermouth...

Swedish hard rockers MUSTASCH have inked a deal with Nuclear Blast Records. The band's self-titled album, which has already been released in Scandinavia, will be made available in the rest of Europe on January 8, 2010.

"We are thrilled about signing with Nuclear Blast; they are indeed the right record company for MUSTASCH," the group says in a statement.

"We are one of the biggest metal bands in Sweden and now when we have produced the strongest record in our career, we did want to find a partner to understand its potential to launch internationally, so within the wide networks of the biggest independent metal label in Europe, we definately feel comfort and stability.

"We are excited to the opportunity of being a part of the Nuclear Blast family.

"We knew that we were producing a MUSTASCH masterpiece when entering the studio. When we had recorded the first few tracks we did know that this was the strongest record we've ever done: It, of course, sounded heavy metal hard rock, but this time we were experiencing a heavy machine we'd never experienced before. It's the hardest record we've done but we've never been this proud.

"Our main plans after releasing the album successfully in the Nordic countries is to focus on Europe in 2010, we are focusing on extensive touring all over by February until summer to present the machine of MUSTASCH."

MUSTASCH were the featured musical guests on the September 30 edition of the "Nyhetsmorgon" program on Sweden's TV4. The band performed two songs ("Mine" and "Damn It's Dark") and took part in an interview. Watch footage of their appearance below.

MUSTASCH released its new, self-titled album on September 30 in Finland and Sweden and October 5 in Denmark and Norway via Regain Records. The CD will be released in other territories in early 2010.

The follow-up to 2007's "Latest Version of the Truth", "Mustasch" was recorded at Bohus Sound Studios in Sweden with producer Tobias Lindell.

Drummer Mats "Dojan" Hansson recently left MUSTASCH "due to his chronic muscle ruptures." He has since been replaced by Danne McKenzie.

MUSTASCH released a "best-of" album, entitled "Lowlife Highlight", in February 2008 through Regain Records. The CD features 18 songs from the band's back catalogue originally issued by EMI.

"Damn It's Dark":

I'm sorry, but the "we're one of the biggest bands in Sweden" comment is enough to make me never support this band in any way shape or form.

I'm sorry, but the "we're one of the biggest bands in Sweden" comment is enough to make me never support this band in any way shape or form.

I agree, I wasn't too fond of that statement, but I've never been one to stop listening to a band's music just because of one stupid comment. At the end of the day, it's the music that matters and I find their performance from Progpower IX one of the most enjoyable performances I've ever seen.

I don't find it to be a stupid comment really...its a comment of fact. They are one of the bigger bands in Sweden (they won a grammy over there for cryin out loud). I could understand someone not liking it if they said they are the biggest band in Sweden but they didn't say or mean it like that at all from what I'm reading.

Glad they're getting some international support. Maybe they can make it out to be a bigger band outside of Sweden as well?

Oh I'll listen to their music, but they just won't get my money. I know full well how big they are in Europe; it's still a super pompous thing to say unless they were being tongue in cheek which I doubt.

Oh I'll listen to their music, but they just won't get my money. I know full well how big they are in Europe; it's still a super pompous thing to say unless they were being tongue in cheek which I doubt.

Very silly argument mate!

Just because someone is proud of their success they are pompous... They should be proud of their accomplishments and I for one have no problem with Riff Ralf and the lads letting everyone know they have done well.

Congrats Mustasch!!

I dunno, I've just NEVER heard of a 'metal' band in this day and age tout their popularity like that. Usually a statement like that should at least by followed by "and we owe it all to our fans" or something like that. I eat that kind of stuff up myself; like when I saw Turisas tell us they expected to play to 3 guys and a dog when they came here in 07. This is a band that had just opened for Iced Earth in Europe had done the mainstage at Download festival the year prior.

To me this statement came across different. Here is a band that kicks ass and is recognized in their own place as being good. Who are glad to land a deal with a good label that will push them harder in other places. Kind of saying "Hey we are big on are home turf" but now we can play some away games with force, and now be better exposed.

haha! I think that's a little absurd. If you actually like their music (which from what I'm hearing you do) supporting good music is supporting good music. At first when I heard the comment, I didn't like it, but as people have said it's fact that they are one of the bigger and most popular acts in heavy music. Also, the problem with quotes is statements get taken completely out of context all the time, and I'm guessing this is one of these cases, where had we heard him say it in an interview it probably would've come out differently.

In all actuality, this "band statement" was likely written by their management. Just like every other band tha releases stoopid press statementes to announce their new albums and labels. At least, in this case, the statement can be backed up.