Mutiny Within

You think we'll ever seen Mutiny Within on Prog Power? They kinda have prog elements to them, but i'm hoping they'll go more in that direction in the future.

God I hope not. For some reason initially I liked them but I just can't stand them now. They sound too much like so many other mainstream metal bands. Also, what would be the point considering how much they're on tours?

I hope not. Already sat through them twice. Snoozefest. I seriously imagine a bunch of guys getting together and asking "How can we make the most generic metal band possible?"

Never heard of them before, So I check the myspace.

Listen to the song after the AC/DC cover. Sounds pretty decent.

Singer starts singing

Close page.

I think PP can do better than that.

I hope not and I doubt it. Glenn is a shrewd guy. He understands that he sells a lot of tickets because of the dynamic of the festival. If you bring in one of these Metalcore bands (or whatever you want to call them) then their fans will show up. And if their fans show up, the dynamic of the festival will shift. And that shift won't benefit anyone in the long run, unless Glenn plans to change the festival dramatically.

Zod: That's the other thing about these bands. The fans of these bands don't want to spend $120 on a ticket just to see them. So it doesn't attract new fans, likely isn't going to be enjoyed by a lot of the current PP attendees, so it makes little sense. It's only when you get towards the headliners that you can hope to get people who aren't interested in more than 1 or 2 other bands to be willing to shed that amount of money.

Zod: That's the other thing about these bands. The fans of these bands don't want to spend $120 on a ticket just to see them.
You might be 100% correct. However, just a thought...

They only have to buy a single night ticket. So we're down $60. I suspect all these bands have a handful of loyal fans, who are willing to spend a few extra bucks to see their favorite band. And keep in mind, the place doesn't need to to be overrun with these fans... you only need a few douche bags to change the vibe. As the saying goes, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Gotta agree with the above. Saw MW live opening for Sonata Arctica in April. Thought the album was decent but they were not good live...particularly the singer. Hardly ever listen to the disc anymore. There are so many other great bands I'd rather to see at PP. I definitely wouldn't fly 3000 miles to see MW again.