Muwhahahahahaha (finally an update!)

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
Taken from the official site :D :

June 19th 2003: "Putting the Masq back on!!"
Yezzzzz...Blakkheim has awoke from laying dormant for over 2 years and is once again putting the masque back on to mingle at another diabolical masquerade. He is currently composing/recording material to the yet untitled 5:th album, which is rumoured to be a cross between 'Nightwork' and 'Death's Design', in other words lots of horror, weirdness and METAL! Follow every move & progress, which will be presented here on www.diabolicalmasquerade.com, the official url now taken back in use.

Indeed! \m/ to da bone :D

And now, what are your favorite black metal bands that are a bit similar to Diabolical Masquerade ?
Mine are Limbonic Art and Profanum :D

Limbonic is dead unfortunately. I'm not used to listening to dead bands.
BM? Darkthrone (nothing unusual), Taake, Venom, old ..And Oceans, Profanum as well, old Samael.. etc. etc. tired of writing :D

In other threads there has already been some updates on Blakkheim and Diabolical Masquerade. The album is supposedly coming in summer 2004.

Yes, I also heard of Limbonic Art's demise. They felt that they were done with that band and wanted to do something else. Atleast they left us "Ultimate Death Worship" and a nice box set (which sadly doesn't include "Ultimate Death Worship") before their dapartue! Oh well! Hails Daemon and Morfeus!

What does "...and oceans" sound like now? I only have the first two and I haven't picked up any of their new albums in a while. Did they do a "Samael"? (Even though OLD Samael is very good!)

Taake=GOOOOOOD!

Profanum are incredible. There is almost a significant change in every album. Any news on Prfanum? They are so fucking "mysterious", LOL! They are definitely one of the better Polish black metal bands. Behemoth too, though they are death metal now but they still have the black metal influences and attitude/beliefs.

and oceans now followed (or lead :p) the industrial black metal scene.. am god is industrial black metal at it's best, and their latest, cypher is even more industrial (maybe even losing the black metal tag completely :p)
if you are open minded, get their latest. warn you that this thing can no longer bear the tag of black metal, even though it is absolutely fantastic :)

..AND OCEANS lost me somewhere around a.m.g.o.d. I preferably listen elder albs up to "dynamic gallery..". However, when one is open-minded to techno the new one is digestive as well. And hellfukk! Still BM ..somewhat. Their music is unpredictable, progressive (hmm..regressive..?) and thus fascinating. There is a lack of all that, on this boring BM market.
Fortunately we have a few interesting bands in hometown.. and the new DARKTHRONE und NOKTURNAL MORTUM. heh.