MY ALBUM MIX :)

elliotGuitar

New Metal Member
Jan 12, 2010
Hey guys, i'm producing, mixing and mastering my bands upcoming album and the release date is the end of this month, which gives me about 2 week or so to fine tune the sound.

I was just wondering if anyone would be so kind to give me some second opinions :) I'd be grateful for any compliments and/or criticisms on the mix as obviously i'd like the album to sound as best it can.

I'm using cubase and for drums i'm using superior 2.0 with sample replacements on the kick and snare, and for guitars i'm using an amp sims, with the chain as:

guitar > maxon OD808 > boss ns2 > DI box > TC Electronic Konnekt 4 > Nick Crow's 7170 + Cab Impulse

Ask anything else you need to, i'd like to improve any area of the mix,
Thanks in advance :D

http://www.filedropper.com/boulevardsprepro

man - at first I tought the OH were real :) great job ! what you did to the Over heads and room mics? its normal SD2.0 or MF?
any info on the over heads?

the guitars sound good but imo there is too much lower mids and it need more high end..

the drums sounds realy raw and I love this vibe , it suits the genre imo

the vocals also sounds great :D

the instruments sound great, the vocals kind of sound in the backround or a little lost, it could be a little overuse of that reverb idkk, overall sounds good though.

you guys like A Day To Remember huh?
haha:)

I would rather go

If you don't own a reamp box:
guitar > DI box (dry) > maxon OD808 > boss ns2 > DI box (wet) > TC Electronic Konnekt 4 > Nick Crow's 7170 + Cab Impulse

If you do own a reamp box:
guitar > DI box (dry) > TC Electronic Konnekt 4
TC Electronic Konnect 4 > reamp box > Maxon OD808 (> Boss NS-2) > Di Box (wet) > TC Electronic Konnekt 4 > 7170 + impulse

sounds a little squashed, the kick sounds like it's floppy. Screaming needs more work as well. Catchy song though

man - at first I tought the OH were real :) great job ! what you did to the Over heads and room mics? its normal SD2.0 or MF?
any info on the over heads?

Cheers man :) yeah it's normal SD2.0 -

OH's are HPd @ 500hz + a wide but shallow boost at 2k
also has a Waves S1 Shuffler set as Width - 2.00, Shuffle - 1.0 and freq - 1400
and lastly a c4 pushing the lows right down

thats sent to the drum bus for a tape sim and Gclip and some reverb

the room mics heavily compressed using waves API 2500 comp

I would rather go

If you don't own a reamp box:
guitar > DI box (dry) > maxon OD808 > boss ns2 > DI box (wet) > TC Electronic Konnekt 4 > Nick Crow's 7170 + Cab Impulse

I don't have a reamp box so I'd only be able to consider this method man, although my DI only has one xlr output (behringer ultra-DI) so I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the additional dry signal going into my interface :/