My attempt at some Killswitch Engage As daylight dies mix

Guitars were Schecter damien 6 with Emgs 85 in the bridge, 81 in the neck, recorded through a Podxt live diamondplate model, with ENGL cab impulses i have, don't remember which one though, i'll have to check later, i just remember that, that impulse had a lot of presence.

Drums where Steven Slate (i'll go later in details to give you guys some info on what snare i used i just know i pitched it up a little, cause i only remember i used, kick 10 and maple toms), don't remember what i did, but it was a kit i made from scratch, blended with all andy sneap samples underneath by maybe a 45% i think, kick, toms (i used the lower toms...tom2,3 and 4 so they sound bigger) and snare to give them more meat and a more killswitch engage/Sneap type of drum sounds.

Rythym Guitar tracks were 2, panned 100% left and right.
Overdubs in the chorus were 2 panned 45%left and right.
And a single lead in the chorus panned straight in the middle.

My settings on the POD where :
Gain - 11 oclock
Bass- 12oclock
Mid- full
High- 2 oclock
Presence - 4 oclock

or something along those lines, the goal was having a punchy midrangey tone, lots of mids, and EMG 85 in the bridge helps a lot with this, especially when nailing a Killswitch engage type sound.

Bass was recorded direct using Ampeg SVX - don't remember what i did, but it complemented well with the guitars and gave them some hugeness.

Obviously, with all this alone is not enough, without some proper eq,compressing, a well balanced mix, mastering and whatnot.

Hope that helped.

Sounds good. I love the toms and snare (more details!). The kick could use some work I think. Guitars sound good but maybe a touch too loud? Hard to say without vocals. Could be a touch brighter too, right in the highs like 8k+, or maybe just a little cut in the mids.