My band finally records an EP! Songs now available

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, my band recently finished recording its long overdue EP and I've put two of the songs online. So far the response has been nothing but positive, so we're feeling good about that. Anyway, I'd like it if you guys would give me some feedback since Ultimate Metal users know metal best.

http://www.purevolume.com/etherealcollapse

It says we only have one downloadable song but they're actually both downloadable.

I play lead guitar (usually sharing duties with our other guy), do the vocals, and I wrote all the guitar music and lyrics. Let me know what you guys think!

You guys certainly have a lot of talent. I'm going to heap the majority of the talent at your feet since you have written the majority of the stuff and do the vocals too. Production is pretty clear, woo! The music is well-written, pretty technical and rockin. Props on the vocals too - you don't sound like a dying frog or the cookie monster, as most people relatively new to it do.

I'm likin the first solo on A Tragedy Divine.

I guess I don't really have any constructive criticism, besides maybe get the bassist a little up in the mix...(just a tad though). That's some good stuff!

Listening to Fallen Hope and its pretty fuckin rockin man. You definitly got some fuckin chops, the first solo is pretty wicked.

A Tragedy Devine is definitly the better of the two. Pure melodic-death goodness :kickass:. Great melodies and guitar work. I really dig your vocals man, their distinguishable, and have a pretty good straight heavy metal feel to 'em.

I'd buy an album if you guys had one, definitly. Just a little rough around the edges. Production was damn good though. Did you guys get studio time or was this all done by the band?

Thanks Gadlor and Final Vision.

Final Vision: We got studio time, we recorded it at this dude's house and I must say he did an excellent job with it. We are in complete awe, because in the past we've done shitty live recordings only, but when we heard this we were like "Shit, is that actually us playing?" lol. But yeah, I'm glad you dig the solos too and stuff, I did A Tragedy Divine in only one take (that's the only solo I actually wrote) and I improvised Fallen Hope (for an improv, I think it came out very well).

Gadlor: Why, thank you for heaping the talent (if you believe it exists) at my feet lol. I do take pride in it though, because I work really hard to craft these songs. Anyway, I am VERY new to vocals, I just took over like 2 weeks ago. But thanks for the constructive criticism and compliments man!

Glad you guys wholly enjoyed it.

On a side note, the solo in Fallen Hope is all me, and the solo in A Tragedy Divine is a trade off, I go first and then Dave (the other guy) does his thing.

Yeah man, I can tell your just starting with the vox thing, but what you ARE doing has bucket loads of promise with it and can only get better as you keep going.

Nice solo improv man, not in a million years could I improv that, than again I suck :p

Dude, I swear to God you sound like you've been playing in a band for years and have a few albums out. The vocals were way better than I expected, and the guitar solos and stuff blew me away. It rocked, nothing more to say.

I'm currently downloading "a tradgedy divine". Im looking forward to hearing it after the hype (im sure it wont let me down :p )

...still downloading...
...Im waiting in anticipation!!!...

Ha... Its ACE!!!! :kickass: whoa dudes I really didnt expect it to be anywhere near this good. It sounds honestly like a more modern version of dark Tranquillity in their Gallery Era. I'd definately by an album by you guys. Vocals are origional sounding, but still pretty rough around the edges. Im totally digging all the riffs :headbang:!!! Solos are very good, its long but it doesnt get boring, and it comes out in true mellow death style:Smokedev:. Your drummer is also a bad ass,

ha... t'has been a treat to hear you guys... Im sure you'll be signed in a couple of months. Your sound mixes everything ace about mellow death in a non-generic way. and I dig it :p

Thanks very much for the compliments and criticism, guys. It's good to hear both.

Final Vision: Thanks! Hearing you say that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And don't get yourself down man!

Froosch: Thanks very much. We've been together for about 2 years, and I've been playing guitar for about 4 and a half.

King Chaos: The drummer IS badass, heh. Thank you very much for your comments. Heh, I can't believe we had someone waiting in anticipation. Thanks man.

Neal: Yeah, as you may have read I'm pretty new to vocals, I'll work on that a lil more. Thanks for listening!

Not bad, not bad at all!
Am also liking the vocals, they have an original style but there it still room for some improvement.
For a bands first recording it sounds really promising! I'm gonna keep an eye out for future releases!

Keep on rockin'

froosch said:
True, and I've never been disappointed by Tobbe's musical advice in the Now Playing thread. If Tobias says you're good, you're good.
One word for me, Disillusion. Introduced me to those guys and it looks like this album will be in, at the very least, my top 5 of 2004.

Spirit crusher, are you sure you aren't from somewhere else more north and east from here? ;) one guy i know from florida over AOL actually sent me a link to that ethereal collapse page yesterday, but i didn't download anything from it until a few minutes ago.
Pretty nice man. It's great how you don't have any metalcore influences: using swedish thrash with those "sick breakdowns" and "offtime" start stop riffs.
Your band, Ethereal collapse keeps it real instead.