my band

The first song is extremely boring and repetetive. The second on is good for the intro and about a minute, then it gets kind of repetetive until around 2:45 when it changes, then the new stuff is getting to be boring each time it changes. The first song is not something I owuld want to see at all. THe second one gets to be repetetive about halfway through each section until it changes, then it repeats that pattern. I also think the drums could have been done much better.
I can't connect to hear the third song, but I tried a few times.
The vocals need to be a bit more energetic to keep up with the rest of the music, which should also isn't quite strong enough. I would get rid of the first song becasue it isn't good at all, and rework the second one a bit.

Steve

The first song was good, but a little repetitive.

The first song wasn't bad or anything, it just wasn't exactly original or eyecatching. I didnt dislike it, if i'd seen it live i wouldve enjoyed it. But i wouldnt have been floored, or had desire to check you out further. Sounds like you played it fairly well anyway, and i like the girls voice (i love most female vocals!!). You've got a good basis for how to put a song together and such, now you just need to work on fleshing those chord progressions out and adding more heights and depths to what you play, rather than just chords. Make them into riffs of sorts, based on the chord progression you already have. And harmonies work really well in this kind of music, add some tasteful stuff in. ;) And most importantly add variations, try and make each go through a riff/progression as unique as possible, give people something to focus on in the guitar playing.

Yeh, overall i thought it was good and fairly profressional for what it is. But lacks anything special about it that'll stand out from the crowd.

Reactions: Arch