My bands new demo

Noisense

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2009
Hey!

Been hanging around on this forum for quite a while, learned lots and lots, thank you very much! My mixes have gotten progressively better, and this (my third) is the first one I'm satisfied enough with to post here for judgement.

I'm also doing all the screams/roars on there.

Whole (Dropbox)
Myspace

Im not really sold on the drum sound, and the vocals don't sit so well in the mix IMO.. I would try turning them down a bit and maybe add some more wet effects.

it overall lacks a bit of punch.. but not a bad job :)

Yeah what did you use for drums?
I'd say they are probably the weak link.
I can't stand the snare. The vocals are too loud too.
But overall it doesn't sound bad!

I like the song man.
IMO the clean vocals would sound even better if you threw a bit more reverb on them. I tend to over-use reverb though so if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Drums could stand to be more prominent (also, what did you use for them?). Vocals are a bit too loud.
Some minor tweaks and I'm sure it will shine.

The drums are Addictive Drums, but replaced the kick with Best Kick on Earth sample. I'm quite a coward with the levels on them, it feels really easy to make them overpower everything.

Kind of the same thing with vox, I'm quite afraid of getting the vocals too wet and just turn into pillows of reverb.

About the punch: while having the project in REAPER and just pressing play it sounds really punchy and in your face, but as soon as i bounce it almost all the punch is gone, and I have yet to learn to master a master bus compressor.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism!