My band's new video - Audio master by Jens Bogren

RickPart

New Metal Member
Apr 23, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hi folks,

My band "El Cuervo the Poe" just released our second official video, I recorded and mixed the song and the master was made at Fascination Street by Jens Bogren... I think.

This was the second time we worked with Jens, but it felt different than the first time. I returned the master 3 times, and the 4th is the one in the video. I feel lake maybe an assistant did the first 3 attempts and then Jens made corrections in the 4th. Or maybe He was trying some new monitors or something. Someone that worked with him felt the same?

I know it could be that the mix wasn't as good at the first time, but nevertheless working with Jens is great, and we would love to work with him again.

Comments and suggestions to do a better work the next time are very welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah everything else is great in the mix but vocals are dry. Kind of makes them sound like a bad performance. Reverb!!!!!!! Delay!!!!!!!!!

Haha... I gotta say I love the bass player's transformation from real life to stage. :D That's bigger than Lady Gaga.

She sounds like a good singer too. The mix isn't bad IMO but would definitely benefit from having more life.

Sounds pretty good on my headphones, but I definitely agree that those vocals need reverb and delay, they stick out way too much