My band's new video is up! Please check it! :D

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
So here it is... Logic of Distress - Where Angels Collide

If you like it, check us out at www.myspace.com/logicofdistress! If you're interested, our latest self-produced CD is available for purchase on the iTunes store!

Thanks for checking it out! comments welcome! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...are you sure you guys aren't called Logic of All that Remains Engage? :heh: Cool video though dude, and the production of the music is great too!

I always cracks me up to see shitloads of gear being carried throughout the wilderness, when there's obviously no power source anywhere... :lol:

The production sounds pretty good on that tune!

db_044_OdedFehr.jpg

The singer looks a bit like Antoine the gigolo (Oded Fehr, pic above) from Deuce Bigalow. But if you ask me, the video was kinda like 13 in a dozen metalband musicvideo... A band playing either indoors or outdoors and nothing else.

I its a good thing this metalcore/melodeath wave seems to be evolving more to this "more clean vocals" approach, as they did with the latest All That Remains album. I like your singers clean vocal sound, too bad it sounds he can't sing in key (especially "I promised everything will be fine" near 2:00), but if he can develop in that field, it might be helluva nice. Also in my opinion the sound could've used some synth pads or extra percussions for the chorus to make it even bigger. If KsE uses that trick, it can't be wrong, right? ;)

Thanks for the comments dudes! Just thought I'd comment too, we did this video just out of fun and love for the stuff we do, really, with no budget whatsoever, same as our CD. A buddy helped us out borrowing a camera from the college he goes to and editing it in Final Cut. We recorded the music ourselves.

The singer looks a bit like Antoine the gigolo (Oded Fehr, pic above) from Deuce Bigalow.
:lol::lol::lol:

OMG, dude! So true!

dood that kicked ass. dont listen to the haters. everyones a critic. how many of the haters actually have a band, a cd and a video? keep up the good work.

Bloodroot: nobody has been hating here. "Haters" is such a trendy BS word with no meaning behind it cause basically everyone who disagrees and doesn't approve is a "hater". This leads to absolutely nothing and defeats the purpose of this forum (=learning/improving through criticism and sharing of knowledge).

Even if at the end of the day the majority of people won't give a positive feedback on this video - as long as it is done in respectful manner, Rex will have the opportunity to take it for what it's worth and either learn something from it or not. And that's what it ultimately is all about.

"Not hatin' - just statin' ..." (Phillysoulman on Gearslutz.com)

Ronnie will have the opportunity to take it for what it's worth and either learn something from it or not. And that's what it ultimately is all about.

Wrong "Rocker," Smy ;) And +1 on your stance on the retardation of the word "hater"

Bloodroot: nobody has been hating here. "Haters" is such a trendy BS word with no meaning behind it cause basically everyone who disagrees and doesn't approve is a "hater". This leads to absolutely nothing and defeats the purpose of this forum (=learning/improving through criticism and sharing of knowledge).

Even if at the end of the day the majority of people won't give a positive feedback on this video - as long as it is done in respectful manner, Rex will have the opportunity to take it for what it's worth and either learn something from it or not. And that's what it ultimately is all about.

"Not hatin' - just statin' ..." (Phillysoulman on Gearslutz.com)

No. its cool. I agree with you. Everyone does disagree. I'm not trying to argue with you or start anything. sorry if it seemed that way. I just didnt see the need to say his singer cant sing in key or criticize his video. but that was my opinion. At least they are trying and probably having a lot of fun. I was impressed and like this style of music. I liked the other songs on his myspace page too. Ive heard worse singers with major recording contracts. I liked it all except for the snare sound.

Thanks a lot, dudes!

Bloodroot, thanks a lot for the kind words, man! I did not feel offended by anything the dudes were saying. They don't like it? That's alright, my band is obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but they gave my video a check, and that's a good thing for us. Apart from the helpful criticizism (sp?), I'm glad I posted this thread because maybe some dude (like you) will like my band. :D

Keep the feedback comming, please!

Very cool song. Rated 5 stars and favorited on Youtube. I really like the clean vocals. Then again I'm a big fan of KSE, and All that Remains. The actual video is pretty cool as well even though it's somewhat like the Rose of Sharyn video. Thats cool though. Great work.