My best, but not good enough ? Part 2

rmallick6806

New Metal Member
Aug 28, 2011
So, I've been slaving hours away at my production days at a time, but I'm taking a break now, so as to get some time away. Same song I posted previously, just a new mix.

http://soundcloud.com/thefutureband/fightmix40

(I know I should be using dropbox, but my internet has been f'ed up and I can't upload very fast, so I had to use this for now).

Issues: Guitars!!! Aaaagh, I just CAN'T get them to "pop-out". sounds so muddled and amateur.

Drums! I finally got my hands on Steven Slate Drums EX edition. Just haven't had time to mix them in and see what the results are. Well, actually I did have time. The drums sounded great but the guitars sounded miserable, so I didn't bother.

As usual, looking for helping ear and hand at production. I can even give the stems if anyone is interested in mixing and seeing the results they can produce; that might be helpful for me to learn with as well.

The guitars need more low end, more low mid. Turn them up a bit too. Change impulses if you can, play around with them.

What did you use for guitars? What was the chain?

The guitars need more low end, more low mid. Turn them up a bit too. Change impulses if you can, play around with them.

What did you use for guitars? What was the chain?

Yeah I tweak the EQ all the time. This was the best result I got. I will try those EQ settings again though, thanks.

As for the impulses, they are Guitarhacks JJ Powertube Edge impulses. I've tried so many different combinations and blends, I dont even know whats what anymore lol.

My guitar is a ESP-LTD with EMG HZ pickups. Its going into my Tascam US-144MK II, which goes to TS808, to X50 to LeCab, slight reverb added as well.
Whats funny is that I used this EXACT chain, even the drums and bass for someone elses stems that they posted on the forums, and it sounded freaking awesome. So whats the deal, why does my guitar sound dead and fake? http://soundcloud.com/thefutureband/mixingproject2 Here is the mixed stems they put out on the forums (Black Dhalia's Christ deformed or something).

I think my bass is a big issue as well.