UTON Whispers From The Woods 3cd
L Holy Letters cd
HALA STRANA Fielding 2cd
COMUS First Utterance 2lp
HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE The Bastard cd
BORIS Pink cd
PENTAGRAM First Daze Here cd
TWISTED TOWER DIRE The Isle Of Hydra cd

This is going to be AWESOME when it shows up. The first three are the "WTF!?"s of the order, being folk/psych releases from Finland, Japan and the U.S.A. (this one's based on Eastern European folk though) respectively. The samples all sounded very interesting. I'm excited!

I think the other 5 speak for themselves, pretty much.

Nice haul.

The Hammers digipak packaging is glorious, and of course now you'll have the lyrics to the concept story. Don't know Boris but do want to check them out.

Aquarius is the best online store website by far, and I barely order from them. They aren't cheap and they don't overnight express....but damn, that oddball eclectic selection & reviews sets it a mile apart.

It really does! As I was telling Andee last time I sent him an order, I'm getting kind of addicted to sifting through the pages searching for all the oddball crap I could find. What could next order have in store?

An album based on the Aeolian harp?

An album of traditional Greek folk music performed by a collective based in Madrid?

Some ambient blackened doom called Black Mayonnaise? :loco:

I also find it hilarious how they praise some bare-bones, boring-as-fuck black metal like it's the second coming!

edit: For what it's worth, expecting to pay $12 for every cd you buy is ridiculous. There are far too many factors involved (from import shipping prices to greedy record labels to production costs and beyond to some very personal reasons of musical ideology and motivations for forming a band which have been hotly contested on this forum in the past). I don't have a gripe with Aquarius' prices for the most part because $14.95 or less for a lot of seriously HTF, awesome music is pretty damn good. i get the impression that when they charge more, they aren't fucking around with us.

They sell some right odd shit.

sounchurcd.jpg

This record features live recordings of Clare Prophet 'speaking' out against the evils of rock music. She sounds perfectly normal as she introduces her 'psalms' or 'songs' or 'speeches' or whatever they are. But when she gets going, it's amazing. And so goddamn insane sounding. Her rapid fire high pitched testifying sounds a bit like an impossible mix of an auctioneer, a yodeller, the guy who sings the directions at a square dance, Neil Hamburger huffing helium and variations of baseball's 'hey batter batter' chant only faster. It's like that sound you make when you sort of hum/breathe out and move your finger up and down between your lips making a sort of 'bebubebubebubebubebubebubebubebu' sound. It's one of the most amazing things we've ever heard! A must for all cult fanatics, new age withdrawal victims, seekers of the truly strange, and fans of extended, trancelike vocal techniques. Ever so highly recommended!

"L" is pretty cool, I think you'll enjoy them. Havent heard of the 1st and the 3rd, but the others are all a big fucking win in my book.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
"L" is pretty cool, I think you'll enjoy them. Havent heard of the 1st and the 3rd, but the others are all a big fucking win in my book.

Yeah, I liked the sample of L that I heard. The throat singing was an interesting addition.

Hey, you heard the collaboration between the L guy and the Six Organs of Admittance guy? Band's called "August Born" and it sounds good.

People like that one eh?

Goddamn if that "Drip Drip" song wasn't fucking spectacularly atmospheric!

I shoulda got the "Song to Comus" 2CD comp, as it has all of First Utterance + a pile of other stuff, but I like LPs. And actual albums, when possible, as opposed to compilations

I ordered some Corrupted from there a while ago, finally placed my first order from there after eyeing over the site and drooling over their selection for a long time.. but no idea when the stuff's gonna get here, been about 2 weeks now .. I'll probably have to send them an email and see if i can get any info.

Demilich said:
People like that one eh?

Goddamn if that "Drip Drip" song wasn't fucking spectacularly atmospheric!

I shoulda got the "Song to Comus" 2CD comp, as it has all of First Utterance + a pile of other stuff, but I like LPs. And actual albums, when possible, as opposed to compilations
i really need to get it, i've heard a couple songs and totally :worship:'ed them

"drip drip" is fucking A+, that song gets stuck in my head so easily

drip drip, from your sagging lip
liquid red down your body spread
:headbang: