my dad has lost it...

deadair

Overly-Cryptic Jake
so... here is the story
my dad went to hawaii for a month for work earlier this year. when he was there he went scuba diving twice. then later, durning a trip to mexico, he went again... maybe twice.

so now he is hooked. he has bought all his own gear (mind you, he lives in minnesota). so now he wants to test out he new stuff... here is where it gets strange.

he wants to come down to my place... and sit on the bottom of my pool... with full scuba gear on.

don't worry, i'll take pics when this goes down. probably video too.

well that's just off-beat, but cool.

ref MY dad, check this out: I'm at my parents house and my two brothers are there. My dad calls us all into the living room and pops in a video tape of Cabaret, about the rise of the nazis and the decadent nightclub scene of 30s Berlin. He's already got the tape forwarded to the place where the Germans spontaneously break into a rousing military song.

It runs for a few minutes. when it's over, my dad quietly pops the tape out.

Bro John: Is that the part right before Berlin's gay population rose up in anger to fight fascism?
Me: Wow, if those people knew the nazis were going to lead them to destruction...
My dad: Be quiet!

that was startling enough, that my dad was turning what had been a fascination with WWII into a love affair with naziism.

but now my brother says he and my mom rented The Pianist and my dad walked out of the room because it deals with the Jews.

aaargh.

result for image search: iowa pool

roy.jpg