My debut album, "Shift"

Kurkkuviipale

May 31, 2011
Hey guys, I just released my debut record, "Shift". It can be streamed/bought on Bandcamp:

Hope you dig it! If you have questions about mixing/mastering/production, feel free to ask - I'll be sure to answer everything in good detail.

I really like the artwork!
Apart from that it's not too much my cup of tea, but the mix is cool for the genre!

I don't browse this place as much as I used to, but I'm glad I logged in and found this. Really cool stuff, thanks!

The song and the mix are really good . Any details on the instruments ?.
I used a Blackmachine B6 and a JP6 for guitars through an axe-fx, a Warwick Corvette for bass also through axe-fx, Superior Drummer and a few other sample packs for drums and a whole bunch of stuff for synth. Anything in particular you're interested in?

Hey guys, I just released my debut record, "Shift". It can be streamed/bought on Bandcamp:

Hope you dig it! If you have questions about mixing/mastering/production, feel free to ask - I'll be sure to answer everything in good detail.

Nice mix but the snare drum is really awful. Doesn't sound good at all to my taste. To loud, to much room etc... Good song though!

I do like such roomy snares and I don't think it's awful at all.
But it sounds pretty isolated as the other drums are rather low and hard to hear.

Thanks guys! People seem to either absolutely love of hate my snare drums. The loudness is partly my own style and partly in the genre.