My Evening

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
last Nite we had a bit of excitement in the Bucko residence and so did the neighbours, we did'nt get access to our home until 10.30 last night as there were 4 gas cylinders in a trailer where a fire was burning at a residence just up the road from us. EmergencyServices had in place a 200 metre exculsion Zone until 9.00 last night it was reduced to 50 metres some time later. The lucky thing is that they did not explode, however my eldest son decided to take the day of school "wag" and was oblivious to what the hell was going on, It was'nt until i rang him at 4.30 and told him to get out of there he knew what was going on.. ahh teenagers huh. at least no one got hurt

....there are rumblings that it was a crystal meth lab that blew up ... mmm nice neighbourhood we live in

Friday night there was a bang (not as big as when the fireworks factory went up...that was a bang)...rattled the windows.

Looked out the back, and there was a mushroom cloud down the road, maybe 100m away.

media reported that a "cracker" was left on a verandah, breaking two windows, rattling windows 200m away.

Apparently the 4 cylinders were in a lockable trailer on fire so , if they opened it KABOOM they just had to test the core heat every so often until safe to open and all cooled down...