My first commercial release

MetalJonesy

more metal, more booze!!!
well my mates band has made their EP available for download! its my first release per say! :headbang:

it's not all out metal, but theres a cpl of heavier tracks on it

I tracked and reamped the guitars and did the final mix/masters

http://www.mangledaudio.com/hayabusa.htm

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Youll-Need-Something-Your-Feet/dp/B0034K192Q/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1265025460&sr=301-1[/ame]

theres a couple of full songs on my player on my site

well i didnt record any of the vox actually, i remember for the kit they used those earthworks mics, which sound absolutely great, i think the mic is a valve SE electronics one. Ill try get some of the sessions up later on and get a screen shot when i get in from work

btw these are a cpl of pics from the reamping session:

SSR%20C24%20NV%20013%20hayabusa%20reamps.jpg

SSR%20C24%20NV%20021.jpg

SSR%20C24%20NV%20041.jpg

SSR%20C24%20NV%20036.jpg

Awesome job, Mark!

Are the drums all natural? The only tiny thing I could nitpick at would be that the cymbals are a tad (lol) shrill here and there but that could be very well due to Amazon's player compression. Low bitrates really rape cymbals.

Again, great work on the mix! What did you put the guitars through?

Edit: Okay, I think you can scrap that question! ;)

haha, well go to my website and you can hear much better quality versions!

as far as drums, i replaced the kick 100% the snare was a complete blend on all the tunes, the two heavier tunes had more sample blended into them, all the toms are 100% replaced

As for guitars, the SM57 and AKG C28 went thru the Neve, the MD421 went thru the TL audio pre on the other side (check edited post for pic) but that didnt make as much of an appearance on the mix, was mainly the SM57 then AKG then MD421 all distorted guitar tones done with the XXL, the krank never made it to the mix!

Should have gone straight to your site, sounds way better.

Wouldn't have guessed that you replaced "so much" and that's obviously a good thing.

This is also a prime example of why the XXL is one of the best "tranny" amps around. Doesn't sound flat at all. Didn't you sell it or try to sell it?

Alright, enough praise. ;)

go to the first post, all the 6 songs are up!!

the other wicked thing about this ep was that i only did one bit of quantizing at the end of the track 78, thats it, everything else is pretty much straight off!

aye wish i didnt sell it now! but i needed to sell both to fund the 6505 :-(

they wanted a very real vibe, so the original mixes were punchy and metal as hell (like id usually mix) this is very very toned down!! if i had more say rather than the band there would have been alot of different things goin on, however its their stuff and wanted something we were both happy with!

the singer also sang on my cover of a Sunna tune:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/369408/SSR I MISS FINAL.mp3

my fav tracks of this would be a strength to travel, all roads lead to death and 78, the others are wicked, but when i first did the guitar tracking and heard these tunes for the first time these 3 were what caught my ear, especially a strength to travel!

LOUD BASS! I like this mix a lot. Plus the song is really interesting. Kudos to you for the awesome production and kudos to the band for making some awesome music.

mate cheers, lol, they wanted loud bass however i dont think i compressed it enough to get it flowing more! they are only a three piece so its really cool doing something like this where all three work realy closely!! plse the reason backin stuff they created, luckily all i had to do were a few edits, the guitar reamping and the final mixes, they did a good job recording the drums, vox and gtrs before hand, which i was very impressed with!