My first ever Metal Command Radio Playlist!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Ok, alot of you will laugh that I do this but when I am bored usually sometime on the weekend I get out a bunch of cd's and I put together a two hour metal radio show. I used to do this all the time but haven't the past couple months. I brought it back today and dubbed in Metal Command radio. I spin the best of metal's past, present and future for two hours doing minimal talking between songs but some. The main reason why I do this is because one day I would love to be on the radio and this is good practice. I figure I would start posting my weekly playlists here to see what you guys think. Enjoy!

May 23, 2004 - Metal Command Playlist # 1!

1. Judas Priest - "Heavy Metal"

2. Children Of Bodom - "Everytime I Die"

3. Overkill - "Devil By The Tail"

4. Arch Enemy - "Exist to Exit"

5. Cradle Of Filth - "The Forest Whispers My Name"

6. Brainstorm - "Highs Without Lows"

7. Edguy - "Down To The Devil"

8. Black Sabbath - "Children Of The Grave"

9. Exodus - "Forward March"

10. Dimmu Borgir - "Architecture of a Genocidal Nature"

11. Tad Morose - "Anubis"

12. Evergrey - "End Of Your Days"

13. Kreator - "Riot Of Violence"

14. Death Angel - "Thicker Than Blood"

15. W.A.S.P. - "Sister Sadie (And The Black Habits)"

16. Blind Guardian - "Imaginations From The Otherside"

17. Dionysus - "Anima Mundi"

18. Stratovarius - "Playing With Fire"

19. Kotipelto - "Reasons"

20. KISS - "Makin Love"

21. Iron Maiden - "Moonchild"

22. Annihilator - "City Of Ice"

23. Testament - "Disciples Of The Watch"

Okay , this would be my list today(mostly oldschool)
I also tried to keep a good "pace" in the choice of the songs, not changing too fast from hard to softer songs , just some sudden "breathing stops" with slow parts of Rush and Magnum...

1) Anvil; Metal on Metal
2) Queensryche : Queen of the Ryche
3) Heir Apparent; Keeper of the Reign
4) Culprit : Guilty As Charged
5) Metal Church : Ton of Bricks
6) Agent Steel : 144,000 gone
7) Helstar : Remnants of War
8) Candlemass : Crystal Ball
9) Mercyful Fate : Nuns have no fun
10) Rush : the temples of Syrinx
11) Alcatrazz: God blessed video
12) Masterplan : Crystal night
13) Savatage : Hall of the mountain King
14) Metallica : Whiplash
15) Slayer : Angel of Death
16) Nasty Savage : Welcome Wagon
17) Toxic : Social Overload
18) Magnum : The Spirit
19) Dream Theater : Pull me under
20) Vow Wow : Beat of Metal motion
21) Tokyo Blade : Night of the blade
22) Savage Grace : The Dominatress
23) Overkill : Feel the fire
24) Silent Force : Fall Into Oblivion
25) Piledriver : Sex with Satan

Fangface said:
Well, I run a Metal radio program in the local area, so thanks for giving me some ideas :D
I'D KILL TO DO WHAT YOU DO!!!!!! You have no idea!! Being on the radio is my life and my dream! I love everything about it. I failed to get my on air shift for the summer on the college station that i sought after for too long, only because i missed ONE pre-requisite. But hey, according to my program manager,"i have potentail." Then put me on. But this failure only made me want it more. I'm gonna hit the airwaves in a big way, come hell or high water!!!!!!!!!!

And GraveDigger, i do what you do too, and with no shame. I have stacks of srtlists i've made over the years that i'd love to actually play on the radio, but just pulling out the CDs, spinning them by yourself and taping them is just gonna have to suffice. Hell, it's great practice!

Wicked Child said:
I'D KILL TO DO WHAT YOU DO!!!!!! You have no idea!! Being on the radio is my life and my dream! I love everything about it. I failed to get my on air shift for the summer on the college station that i sought after for too long, only because i missed pre-requisite. But hey, according to my program manager,"i have potentail." Then put me on. But this failure only made me want it more. I'm gonna hit the airwaves in a big way, come hell or high water!!!!!!!!!!
Heh it sounds as it's easier here to be on the radio ;)
Luckily some of our radios are associations you solely have to pay subscriptions for, if you can lay out a decent plan of course. Then you need a bit of training and that's it.