My first EVER song - listen to it, please.

Rusty

A-HAHAHA!
Sep 14, 2001
Nottingham
Here is the first ever creation from my humble self - download it from the following webpage:

stage.vitaminic.co.uk/lyeril

You can also sign up for my mailing list there... :D

Please listen and give me feedback - concentrate mainly on the guitars, because the drums are programmed using a pretty damn poor programm and the bass was rushed :eek: at the last minute because I wanted to get the song up ASAP.

And don't be too harsh.

I was lucky enough to hear this before, the acoustic sections are very very nice. :)

See rustymetal, positive feedback already, glad to see you gathered the courage to post it to more than just me!!! hehe :)

Hang on, is this the first song youve ever written? or the first song youve ever recorded?
Surely you have written at least parts of songs before this one?

like the acoustic melody,,,i was really getting into it. liked it alot man,,,do you have anything else????

Hey its not bad...i know what u mean about the bass though but tis cool...sound reduction definitely..when u get a pbetter version up tell us.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I will answer this in the style of YaYo:

Download cool edit, or a similar program, which will allow you to do noise reduction. Cos the buzz is easily gotten rid of.

I did it on Cool Edit, but I have no idea how the hell to do noise reduction... and frankly, I wasn't bothered. I just wanted to get it online - a good sound can come later.

Hang on, is this the first song youve ever written? or the first song youve ever recorded?
Surely you have written at least parts of songs before this one?

Well, the first accoustic part was the first thing I EVER wrote on ANYTHING, EVER, although I added the lead a little later. :D The distorted bit was the first ever distorted riff I ever wrote (and doesn't it just show?), although it has changed slightly over the 4 months. The later accoustic parts were sort of written more recently, but again changed as I recorded them, most significantly the addition of the second guitar. The drums and bass I had no idea about until it came to actually recording/programming them.

like the acoustic melody,,,i was really getting into it. liked it alot man,,,do you have anything else????

I have written more songs, but none are recorded yet. The next step will be a heavier song... and I think I'll try and get a better dist. sound first. But there are probably more accoustic parts than heavy parts, on the whole.

Having said that, when I first downloaded the drums program I did a short song using just drums in the style of Aphex Twin and NIN, just to learn how to use it. I may put that on for a laugh.:D

Impressive stuff! And you're only 17?!? Can't wait to see what you write when you're older.:) I mean you have a mature sound for your age. keep up the great work!!

And you're only 17?!?

18, please... :D Where did you get 17 from? :confused:

@ Silent Downfall: the song is short because it is an intro to the album, which itself is a whole story (as I plan it). One song (March's Rousing) was originally written 15 mins long, but that was with lyrics/singing which will be dropped (crap lyrics & can't sing).

And the recording of the next song will start as soon as my brother brings his fx pedal home... :D