my first full length song mix preview: drums + keys

bottom JJ snare:
Q -> REQ 6 bands -> C1 comp sc -> Roomworks reverb with an envelope of 180 ms release to have some short reverb.
It's mainly the top of the snare that's heard well in the mix.

I used the EZ drummer 13" GMS picallo:
Q -> REQ 4 bands -> C1 comp -> L2 -> some karma fx 32 band equalizing -> again roomworks reverb.

Anyway I don't know what to think about the snare, think it sounds a bit too low/dark in the mix right now, what do u think about it?

I don't know my friend.. It sounds a bit wierd,probably because it's just keys and drums and it will work verry well in a full mix.
Try record guitars and bass to see how it goes. And work the drums dynamics a bit...

Yes I'll record guitars in a week or two, since they're quite hard and I first need to play everything again until it's tight enough. (I wrote this song a few years ago but never did anything with it)
What do you mean exactly by working on the drums dynamics? Just how they sound in general? I'll try to post a clip with rhythm guitars only maybe this weekend and some bass to see how everything sounds in a full mix.
Thanks for the reply's :kickass:

I played a little piece with guitar.
Used the 8505 and Voxengo pristine space for impuls (ghack jj centre45 0)
the voxengo plugin makes dropouts... I should use something else for impulses I guess. Also added a little piece of bass in the beginning that is probably way too lou but I can't hear very well what I'm doing with this stereo setup I'm using.
Actually this is really crappy but I guess I overpowered the drums in the bassrange and the guitars take too much mids away from the keyboards... and the attack of the guitars is bad... I dunno how that's possible but it really isn't good.
Here's the link:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/970622/demo_orchguit.mp3

Don't mind the sloppyness here and there, just a testmix anyway...:lol: