My first "major" haul in 3 years probably!!

Ray_M

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Jersey
If anyone cares?

Iron Maiden - Visions of the Beast DVD
Angra - Hunters and Prey mini CD /video
Clutch - Live at the Googoplex
April Wine - King Biscuit Flower Hour Live in Toronto 1982

I know it`s only 4 items, but an extra $65.00 doesn`t come around too often anymore. It`s been like 3 years since I`ve purchased more than 1 cd at a time. I need a recommendation on Stratovarious. I have 3 cd`s so far;

Infinite
Visions
Destiny

What would be a great "next" Strato cd?? Any "must haves" that I don`t already? I like their sound quite a bit and I can get past their lyrics with no problem. Hey, I`m all for saving the planet, but I think they have one too many songs about it. They can also drop that tweedling pianist and add another guitarist imho.

But I still like them anyway.:kickass:

I had a major haul today as well:

Sting - "Dream of the Blue Turtles"

Sting - "Nothing Like the Sun"

Sting - "Mercury Falling"

Massive Attack - "Mezzanine"

i only have one Strato album...Visions, and i enjoy it.

PMF...how is that Massive Attack disc? i have a few mp3s from them, they kick ass!

Episode and 4th. Dimension will be the last 2 I buy from Strato. Unless they release something really good in the future? They`re not so easy to find in the stores either. I was looking for Episode but couldn`t remember the name. I knew if I saw it I would remember. The store only had 2 in stock and I have both. Maybe in another year or so I`ll splurge on music again? I`ve listened to Angra and its an , eh, ok album. A bit on the light side. I like the Genesis/Phil Collins remake of Mama. April Wine cd kicks major ass. :kickass: Clutch is ok, but Neil Fallon(singer)sounds like he`s fucking around a lot. Probably drunk??

Yep, Episode is a must have. Fourth Dimension is good, but has a couple of uumm weird songs in it (like 030366). I enjoyed Elements Part 1, it has some really good songs like Soul Of A Vagabond, Fantasia, Eagleheart, Find Your Own Voice and Stratofortress but still can't stand the song Elements.
Looks like Pt 2 will be a lot better, I sure hope so. As much as I love them, Part 1 was less than what I was expecting. They didn't let me down when I saw them live in August tho, one of the best shows I've ever been to :D :kickass:

Abryl said:
I enjoyed Elements Part 1, it has some really good songs like Soul Of A Vagabond, Fantasia, Eagleheart, Find Your Own Voice and Stratofortress but still can't stand the song Elements.
Looks like Pt 2 will be a lot better, I sure hope so. As much as I love them, Part 1 was less than what I was expecting. They didn't let me down when I saw them live in August tho, one of the best shows I've ever been to :D :kickass:

Sorry, I didnt think it was possible but Pt. 2 is a lot worse.

Abryl said:
Do explain :)

It just sounds like the left over songs that werent good enough for Pt 1 were put into Pt 2 and while maybe Pt 1 had some redeeming qualities in some of their songs (both their fast and slow/epic ones), Pt 2 has nothing memorable. Look for my review here at UM soon.

SculptedCold said:
Major haul? Hehe, i've got 30 CD's coming in one package next week. ;o)
If you had my monthly bills, 1 cd would be a major haul. If you didn`t notice the " " for major haul, then you missed the joke. I used to purchase a shitload of music(vinyl)back in the early to mid 80`s. No longer can afford to. I have around 800-1000 LP`s alone. Havn`t counted them in awhile. They should all be on eBay eventually, once my Philips cd recorder gets fixed.

Rodrigo said:
It just sounds like the left over songs that werent good enough for Pt 1 were put into Pt 2 and while maybe Pt 1 had some redeeming qualities in some of their songs (both their fast and slow/epic ones), Pt 2 has nothing memorable. Look for my review here at UM soon.

hmmm I like the clips I've heard. But I shall have to see when I hear the album... If I don't like it that much I'd still have the bonus CD with live songs :p

Abryl said:
hmmm I like the clips I've heard. But I shall have to see when I hear the album... If I don't like it that much I'd still have the bonus CD with live songs :p

This band needs to call it quits. Stick a fork in them, they are done. Zero Originality.