A Major Haul...

rgbeach

Feb 11, 2002
Chicago
www.hexology.com
OK, in the past 2-3 weeks I've been on a completely irresponsible CD buying spree, purchasing from The End Records, Laser's Edge, Metal Ages, Metal Blade, Amazon, MP3.com, the Marillion web-site, and even my local Best But retailer. So here's what I got (top this if you dare!):

O.S.I. - Office of Strategic Influence (limited edition)
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
The Gathering - Mandylion
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Lunaris - ...the infinite
Angra - Rebirth
Theory in Practice - Colonizing the Sun
Archetype - Dawning (limited edition)
Power of Omens - Rooms of Anguish
Mind's Eye - A Work of Art
Kamelot - Epica (limited edition)
All Too Human - Entropy
Stratovarius - Elements
Marillion - The Making of Brave
Marillion - Brave Live 2002
Marillion - Brave Live 2002 (DVD)
Twelfth Gate - Summoning
Shadows Fall - The Art of Balance
Borknagar - Empiricism
Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio
Absu - Tara
Celestial Season - Solar Lovers
The Organization - Savor the Flavor
Galactic Cowboys - Feel the Rage
Epidemic - Exit Paradise
Decoryah - Fall-Dark Waters
In Ruins - Four Seasons of Grey
Guitars that Rule the World - Volume 2
Stephan Forte - Visions
Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design

Add a new 4 megapixel digital camera and an Ibanez J-Custom RG8520TRD, and you have one frigging serious haul!

Originally posted by Polyeidus
How is Stephans' Visions?

I was a little disappointed with the CD, mainly because out of 7 songs 2 are just 1:30 keyboard-only filler songs and 1 is Ave Maria (which is on the Adagio CD). The 3-4 songs that are actually "songs" and where he plays the guitar - where he shreds - are really good.

cool! :eek: you got Decoryah? that's indeed a rare item

I'm still searching for their other releases.

well, today I bought:
Source of Tide - Ruins Of Beauty :) ok, nothing compared to Bob's haul :lol:

Damn, I wish I had the money to go on sprees like that. Good stuff too. My latest haul (if you can even call it that) was Magnitude 9 "Reality in Focus", Porcupine Tree "In Absentia", and Children of Bodom "Follow the Reaper".

Also, if I had Nevermore's "Dead Heart in a Dead World" and didn't like it, you think I would like "Dreaming Neon Black"?

The Yngster said:
Damn, I wish I had the money to go on sprees like that. Good stuff too. My latest haul (if you can even call it that) was Magnitude 9 "Reality in Focus", Porcupine Tree "In Absentia", and Children of Bodom "Follow the Reaper".

Also, if I had Nevermore's "Dead Heart in a Dead World" and didn't like it, you think I would like "Dreaming Neon Black"?

Magnitude 9 "Reality in Focus" - Excellent! I'm trying to find their 1st CD.

Porcupine Tree "In Absentia" - totally amazing!!! This was my first PT purchase, and there will be many more now :)

Children of Bodom "Follow the Reaper" - I've never heard any of their stuff - what's the best one for me to buy?

As for Nevermore, I didn't really dig "Dead..." when I first bought it a couple years ago. Maybe something about the vocals that bothered me? I don't know. But, I bought "Dreaming...", only because Neil Kernon produced it, and it is definitely similar but it was easier for me to enjoy it right away. Hope some of this helps :)

Bob

I looked everywhere for Magnitude 9's first cd, and finally found it at impulsemusic.com I ordered it a few days ago, I'm hoping this site is reliable... Also there is supposed to be another Mag 9 cd out later this year.

In Absentia is great, a very pleasant surprise. I had heard two songs before I bought it, "Blackest Eyes" (one of my favorites off the album), and "Creator has a Mastertape" (my least favorite, this song is just wierd), so I wasn't sure what to expect.

If you like or can deal with the death metal vox, you should like Children of Bodom. I hear Follow the Reaper is their best, so far its the only one I own from them.

The Yngster said:
If you like or can deal with the death metal vox, you should like Children of Bodom. I hear Follow the Reaper is their best, so far its the only one I own from them.

Cool, I'll have to pick this one up soon, as well!

Bob