A haul of sizable proportions

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
let m estart this by admitting it has taken 2 weeks to get this haul, and most of you will slag of most of what in here, but fuck you lot.

Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache, awesome stuff again from these guys, I thiunk they are quite good at why they are doing

Shadows Fall - The art of Balance, yeah its OK, can't remember why I got this album, but there was a reason I assure you

RED TAPE - RADIOACTIVST, awesome modern punk/hardcore like AMEN, only with an actual apprent cause unlike Casey Chaos slagging off everyone because he can

Fear Factory- Archetype, I think I have made it clear elsewhere what I think of this

Fight - A small Deadly Space, Rob Halford, and 4 unknown dudes, rocks like fuck!!

311 - From Chaos, if your a fan of 311 you know what they are like, its another good album from them, if you dont, I hope I don't look like I fucking care

Soulfly - Prophecy :headbang:

M.O.D. - DEvolution and Rhythm of Fear, Billy Milano doing good things as usual

Maximum Penalty - Independant, having got around to this one yet

Discipline - Guilty as Charged, as above

The Forsaken - Arts of Desolation, so so death, Black metal

Sinch - Sinch, I listened to thgis the other day, I can't remember what its like though

Thats all I thionk unless I scrap other shit up..oh Hang on Forgot the Live silverchair DVD, CD set I picked up for $20 at ezyDVD, I rule cause I didnt pay the $50 it came out at :headbang:

Awesome CD's all 'round.

Except I wouldn't buy the Silverchair DVD.

That guy looks even more like a girl with short hair in the Dissociatives or what not.

Stuff I've picked up recently...

Faster Pussycat - Whipped (1992)
This album sucks. Faster Pussycat are one of those bands like Cinderella who had a great debut then turned to shit. I don't even like their second album Wake Me When It's Over much, and that shits on this one.

Love/Hate - Let's Rumble (1994)
I reckon Southy would love this. Gorey would probably like it too. I don't think it even touches their first 2 albums. This one is way heavier and more aggressive, has a really "sludgy" kinda sound, very drug & alcohol fuelled dirty rock & roll.

Cinderella - Heartbreak Station (1990)
This was the only Cinderella album I didn't have. And there was a reason for that. It sucks. Easily their worst album. I mean Long Cold Winter was a HUGE let down after Night Songs but still not a bad album. This one is a shocker! Not even one song that I like on the entire album! Gay! Still Climbing is way better than this album as well.

Bon Jovi - These Days (1995)
I already had this album for years. Then a couple of months ago I sold it for $5 because I was desperate for cash. I saw it for $1.50 at Cash Converters the other day so I thought I'd buy it again. So I made $3.50 for selling this album and still get to keep it, how cool is that? Hahah! Spose it fits with that saying like "You'd have to pay me to own that" haha!

Roxus - Nightstreet (1992)
Love this album and had been meaning to pick it up for aaaaages! Finally did.

Candy Harlots - Five Wicked Ways (1992)
Same deal as above. Xena burnt it for me a while ago and I loved it so I'd been meaning to pick up a cheap original of it and saw it at Cash Converters for $5 so I bought it.

Arcade - Arcade (1993)
Stephen Pearcy & Fred Coury's band after they left Ratt & Cinderella. Excellent album! Great LA style hard rock with a more '90s edge. Fresh & updated still totally LA. They were able to keep progressing forward and sound fresh without taking any influence from the grunge/alternative scene. That's what all the other bands should have done but instead they either sold out to grunge, turned to blues, or rehashed their old stuff and sounded tired. This album rules, best song is "Cry No More", unreal!

Also, I've had these albums for a long time on vinyl but because my record player is dying I've been trying to pick up alot of the stuff I have on vinyl on CD for cheap. Lately I got:
Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In
Dokken - Back For The Attack
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Vinnie Vincent Invasion
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - All Systems Go
Van Halen - 5150

Five albums that I absolutely love and it had been killing me that when I tried to listen to my records they were sounding fucked so its good to finally have them on CD as well.

Bltiz read the little blurp stupid, I said rocks like fuck, what does that tell you?? That its crap? I think bloody not you frickin' nonce.....Its like Bruce when he was doing Skunkworks I guess, heavy/alternative ...fuck expalining it, I got it for a tenner you go do the same

I've got that album too. It's pretty good.

Fuck me dead Southy, did you win Tatts or something?!

Btw, I finally located Vision of Disorder - Imprint the other day. It rocks. :headbang:

That would explain it! Having a woman has the same effect on your bank account as a missing plug does on your bathwater.

I'll have to listen to Imprint again over the next few days. Great stuff.