Haul time!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Haul time motherf**kers!

Have a drink as I am reporting a haul and also have a drink because I reprinted crap from my journal. Cheers.

First and foremost, a lesson for you ALL. When you write your list of cds and dvds up on your pc, dont leave your pc on with the list sitting there while you go shopping when you are supposed to be at work. DOH. Lucky noone cared enough to look. I got:

Iced Earth: Tribute To The Gods - Yes, I have it already, but this has liner notes on each song, shows Jons collection of tickets and stuff from shows he has been to, and is in a cool digipak thing. Going to buy the Burnt Offerings rerelease next.

Primal Fear: Black Sun - Supposedly like Judas Priest. And thats f**king great as far as im concerned. This one was 36 dollars, but it has a really cool shiny metallic cover. I like shiny things.

Into Eternity: Dead Or Dreaming - Was on my list but I cant remember why... It says its Death crossed with Dream Theater, with death, prog, traditional, black, hardcore and doom elements. I shit you not, thats actually on the cover sticker.

Stone Sour: S/T - Slipknot frontmans rock band, sounds like Alice In Chains sorta. Heavy, but nothing like Slipknot in the slightest except for the song Get Inside. Havent heard the rest yet...

Testament: Souls Of Black - Its Testament, it will f**king rock. End. Of. Story.

Silverchair dvd: Making of Diorama - SHIT album. Oh its so shit. But I love behind the scenes making of thingos so I bought it.

Black Sabbath Story: Part 2 - Got this one because Dio craps all over Ozzy. YES HE DOES. Anyway, looks good. Also has all the other vocalists on there that Sabbath have had, and seeing as I have never heard anything by Sabbath that wasnt sung by Ozzy or Dio, it should be interesting.

Hurrah.

Iced Earth: Tribute To The Gods
I should probably buy this. I liked it when I had Dark Genesis.
It's available by itself now?

Primal Fear: Black Sun
EXCELLENT! :headbang:

Testament: Souls Of Black - Its Testament, it will f**king rock. End. Of. Story.
No. It. Won't. :cry:

Black Sabbath Story: Part 2
I hope you didn't pay too much for that, cos you can get it from Kmart for $28. :)

I should probably buy this. I liked it when I had Dark Genesis.
It's available by itself now?

*Yep it is, great packaging too :D

No. It. Won't. :cry:

* ILL be the judge of that :D

I hope you didn't pay too much for that, cos you can get it from Kmart for $28. :)

* $31.95 :)

[color=#AOEOOA]And All I got in recent week was Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood and Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind.

And I probably should have picked up some Blind Guardian, well maybe next time.[/color]

Originally posted by spawn
Black Sabbath Story: Part 2 - Got this one because Dio craps all over Ozzy. YES HE DOES. Anyway, looks good. Also has all the other vocalists on there that Sabbath have had, and seeing as I have never heard anything by Sabbath that wasnt sung by Ozzy or Dio, it should be interesting.

Hurrah.
You haven't heard Tony Martin era Sabbath?
:OMG:

Enjoy :)

First and foremost, a lesson for you ALL. When you write your list of cds and dvds up on your pc, dont leave your pc on with the list sitting there while you go shopping when you are supposed to be at work. DOH.

Get your own office :p

Into Eternity: Dead Or Dreaming - Was on my list but I cant remember why... It says its Death crossed with Dream Theater, with death, prog, traditional, black, hardcore and doom elements. I shit you not, thats actually on the cover sticker.

So what does this *actually* sound like?

Its actually pretty f**king good from the 2 songs I have heard so far weetbix!
My own office? Im a King who likes to be seen with his subjects, so maybe not yet :D

No Tony Martin era stuff yet... But I might get some if I like the stuff on the DVD :)

Martin era Sabbath rocks! It's much more AOR sounding than the classic Sabbath, doesn't have those chuggy riffs and stoner grooves and stuff, instead it has dark sounding keyboards and arena rock riffs, but its damn good! :)

Songs like Call Of The Wild, Jerusalem, Valhalla, Devil & Daughter, etc are awesome!

:headbang:

Aussie Outlaw nice choices! FEELGOOD! :headbang: PIECE OF MIND! :headbang:

Spawny, you now have the opportunity to hear the Voice of Rock, Glenn Hughes. I believe he's on the Sabbath DVD singing "No Stranger To Love". You will acquire a taste for his work, look out for other CDs of his (such as Burning Japan Live or his new best of (which only covers a handful of albums), Different Stages) and then - THEN - you will be enlightened like I am, and realise that he truly is the world's greatest singer.

Oh yes.

I didnt like Pt 2 of Black Sabbath DVD's...

Over too fast... and had a lot of the crappier Sab songs on it...

Today I bought Dream Theater - Once In A Live Time, and Rush - Exit Stage Left...

Both kick the bottom...

No, I havent, going to watch it soon though! Just checking email and stuff and then im going to put it on :headbang:

Don't base your opinion on his stuff with Sabbath though. What the hell, just go ahead and buy "Burning Japan Live" - excellent album.

I just the other day Sabbath Story Vol 1DVD , It's got a great Interview with Jim Simpson Sabbaths fisrt manager bur as its "Widescreen " a lot of it is cropped compaired to the Video .
Pretty good I reckon , also recently got :

Nazerath: Homcoming DVD 70'S Scotish Band who most recent claim to fame was Axel wanted them play at his weding some years back
Destruction : Best of .......wanted to know what I was up for tonight , pretty good stuff . love the Pink Panther & In the Mood intros hope they are still part of the live set.

Animal House : DVD hav'nt watched it yet but had a look at the doc on how it was made & that John Belusi was a trounle sole a comedians usually are ( or least the great ones)

Anthrax : Moshers 1986-1991 greatest hits type thing only one listen yet in a mates car back from Impact yesterday ........Thrash