Haul time!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I went and bought some cds:

The More You Suffer - Carnal Forge: Cant remember why this was on my list, cool song names, shit cover. Thats that.

Storm Of The Lights Bane: Where Dead Angels Lie - Dissection: Happy Iccy? :) I didnt want to pay for this because the guitarist is a homophobic murdering piece of shit and I dont want that worthless waste of a human to get any of my money, so if anyone wants a copy let me know ill be more than happy to help you out :D

Fallen - Evansence: I think it was Sprucey who said this was good? Whoever said it I bought it because of your recommendation :D

The Impossibility Of Reason - Chimaira: These guys toured with Slayer and supposedly they added a lot of their aggression to their sound, ive heard this band is supposed to be really good. Numetal! :headbang: :D

Hate Them - Dark Throne: Tr00 black metal! Although now that I have acknowledged them as tr00 AND paid for an album they are no longer underground enough to be respected. Losers.

Rheingold - Gravedigger: Just saw it there and got it. Yay.

As Live As It Gets - Blaze: Finally! :headbang:

spawn said:
I went and bought some cds:

Storm Of The Lights Bane: Where Dead Angels Lie - Dissection: Happy Iccy? :) I didnt want to pay for this because the guitarist is a homophobic murdering piece of shit and I dont want that worthless waste of a human to get any of my money, so if anyone wants a copy let me know ill be more than happy to help you out :D

hehe. Great album though! :headbang:

You will like it I think Blitzy, from the quick listen I had it sounds like the last one with a couple more symphonic touches :headbang:

:headbang:

Have you heard their older stuff yet? I think the new one will sound most like 'Excalibur', which I love to death, so I can't wait to get it.

This sucks, three of my fav bands (Blaze, Grave Digger and Metallica) all having new albums, and I can't afford any of em....and Maiden's new DVD when it becomes available here! Bah! :cry:

:lol: Yes they are originals, and no im not getting rid of them, I was just making fun of black metal and black metal fans in the case of Dark Throne and I really meant what I said about Dissection, MP3s for everyone if you want them!

Sorry :) If it helps, Dark Throne is quite bland, Dissection seems ok though, ill throw up a few MP3s on my webspace if I can get the MP3 ripper I have working again :)

Dimmu Borgir is the best black metal band! :headbang: Emperor is ok but they are SO overrated! Dark Throne is quite boring and Immortal is pretty good, even though they pose with gardening tools on the front of their albums and the booklet from At The Heart Of Winter has the funniest photos of all time :D

And their drummer is a rock n roll wrestling, angry clown! Haha. BM is cool in a decidedly uncool way. :headbang:

I used to hate BM myself until a friend took the time to explain it, but I still think the corpsepaint thing looks hilarious. :D

Speaking of hauls, I picked these recently (well actually yesterday)

Niacin - Blood, Sweet and Beers
Tempest - Shapeshifter
The Clinton Administration - One Nation Under a Re-Groove
(all of the above i got in the mail from Magna Carta, and reviews will be forth coming... mean while I forgot to mention my new website is up and running with loads of reviews to be put up over the rest of the week. http://homepage.mac.com/minge/music )

and

Star One - Live On Earth (w/ bonus DVD) :headbang:

Goreripper said:
And their drummer is a rock n roll wrestling, angry clown! Haha. BM is cool in a decidedly uncool way. !:headbang:

I used to hate BM myself until a friend took the time to explain it, but I still think the corpsepaint thing looks hilarious. :D

I agree :lol: It can look good of course, but when they take it too seriously its beyond hilarious!

Have you seen the booklet for At The Heart Of Winter by Immortal Gorey? If you havent ill photograph it and put the pics up when I get home, you will laugh your ass off :)

Go buy Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia by Dimmu Borgir and all will become clear Blitzy! (Forget anyone saying they arent "true black metal", they are the perfect band to listen to if you want an intro to black metal).

If you want ill try and get my MP3 ripper working again and post a song from it tonight :) If you cant wait until then get the following songs:

* Fear And Wonder (instrumental intro but it is fantastic)
* Blessings Upon The Throne Of Tyranny
* Mourning Palace
* Kings Of The Carnival Creation

You may or may not need to get used to the vocals, I dont have a problem with the DB guy because he is still understandable, so its alright :)

Give them a few listens before deciding, you might need to get used to them :) (Then again you might not, I liked it straight away and we seem to have pretty similair music tastes).

spawn said:
Have you seen the booklet for At The Heart Of Winter by Immortal Gorey? If you havent ill photograph it and put the pics up when I get home, you will laugh your ass off :)

I like the cover of 'Sons of Northern Darkness'. It looks like they're going out to play a particularly violent game of cricket.