This weeks haul!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I bought some more stuff, as usual, it being a Friday and all....

Pain Of Salvation - Entropia: Hopefully this will be good, its got a nice cover, so thats nice. They didnt have either of the ones you mentiond Sprucey! They also didnt have the Mike Portnoy dvd, because I remembered to look, and it wasnt there.

Judas Priest - Metal Works: My god, just look at that tracklisting, is this 2 cds of the best fucking heavy metal ever or what? The answer is not or what, let me tell you. Its the remaster too. Hooray!

Troops, you had better sit down for the next 2 ok? Ok.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Self Titled: This ones remastered too, I read a review of this that said it was awesome, so hopefully it was right as this was FOURTY TWO FUCKING DOLLARS!

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - All Systems Go: Please see above comment. This was ALSO FOURTY TWO FUCKING DOLLARS. But who cares? I dont, it could give me many years of enjoyable listening. Or it could suck. But you dont know if you dont at least try folks, thats my lesson for today for you.

Wasp - Dying For The World: Crap ass cover. Should be interesting, ive heard very good and very bad things about this album, but no matter how bad it is, theres always one or two utter classics on every Wasp album.

Def Leppard: Classic Albums dvd - Hysteria is so good, I cant wait to watch this, it took 4 years to make, so it should be a very interesting show hopefully! 100 minutes long too, which is more than the Iron Maiden and Metallica ones were.

Ozzy Osbourne: Live At Budokan - Zakk Wylde! *Plays air guitar* What an awesome setlist too (cant be bothered writing it out, but its great!)

I also bought a bunch of comics, including the Punisher hardcover, it was 80 dollars, BUT it has like 400ish pages, so thats good value I say.

All in all I did rather well today.

If you don't like the Vinnie Vincent CDs I'll buy them off you for $5 each.

And what's this Live at Budokan? Never heard of it! Is it a new one? I was looking for Def Leppard's DVD yesterday, no luck finding it. "Hysteria" is one of the all-time great albums ever.

What's "Batman: Year One" like, Spawny? Saw it the other day, thought about getting it but decided not to. I'm assuming you've read it :)

Fuck me. How much do you earn a week!?

Hey, I dont have Entropia, but I really want it. I have heard that it isnt quite as good as TPE or remedy Lane. If you dont like it, I will buy it off you since I gave you a bumsteer. Even if you dont like it, I think you should still definatly get The Perfect Element because I know you will like that one.

Budokan is a new one, only just came out (I got the US import, 49 dollars, only 7 dollars more than Vinnie!)

Batman: Year One is one of the best comics ever, I thoroughly recommend it :)

I fyou don't like the VVI CDs I'll buy them off you for $20 each as I only have them on vinyl lol.

The first one is much better imo, but the first one also may take longer getting into as its a bit more extreme. The vocals and guitars are very ear piercing hehe. Mark Slaughter sings on the 2nd album.

Sprucey: No problem, ill let you know what I think of it!
But dont worry too much if I dont like it, I dont mind buying cds I dont know anything about, you never know when you might find the next Iced Earth or Iron Maiden, ive bought albums just because I liked the song names, and also because I liked the cover art :) They pay me enough, lets leave it at that :lol:

Troops: Same deal as Sprucey :lol:

I was trying to find the date on the back of the concrete one, I wanted to get the most recent of the albums they had, but there was a sticker covering the date part. So screwed :mad:

:)

Im going home now! Woo!

Originally posted by spawn
I Judas Priest - Metal Works: My god, just look at that tracklisting, is this 2 cds of the best fucking heavy metal ever or what?

It is! That album does rule! :headbang:

Wasp - Dying For The World: Crap ass cover. Should be interesting, ive heard very good and very bad things about this album, but no matter how bad it is, theres always one or two utter classics on every Wasp album.

Well there is at least 2 classics, but overall I'm not too happy with it. If you were to tack the best tracks from it and Unholy Terror, you would have one hell of an album. (throw in Helldorado and High On The Flames too :headbang: )
You should recognise many bits of this album from previous - much like how Let It Roar is almost identical to I Wanna Be Somebody. Also note how much Blackie love the song Locomotive Man. He brings it back at least twice on this album.

Of course Batman Year One rules, Frank Miller wrote it! What more proof do you people need?

Good choices all round this week Spawn, particularly Metalworks (I can't believe you didn't have this already!) and the first VVI album, which comes complete with Wrathy's Fanatical Completist KISS Fan seal of approval. All Systems Go isn't as good, but worth it for Love Kills and Breakout.

Hysteria is indeed a classic, and more worthy than some other albums of its own DVD. I like it so much I'm going to buy Pyromania just to compare the two :).

W

Pyromania is also amazing! Those are 2 of the best pop-metal albums of the '80s! Pyromania has a harder edge but just as catchy and FULL of classics: Rock Rock Till You Drop, Photograph, Stagefright, Too Late For Love, Foolin, Rock Of Ages, etc... and Comin' Under Fire is the most underrated Lep track ever :headbang:

On a related note to this thread, today I got 2 CDs:

Pink Cream 69 - Electrified
King Diamond - The Graveyard ... have this one on now, it rocks!

I was gonna get WASP - Dying For The World but thought I'd go KD instead hehe.