My latest haul (also where is the annandale hotel?)

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Heres what I bought from this fortnights fortnightly trip to utopia :)

WASP-Double live assasins (is the live in the raw album any good? Or the sting? I was thinking of getting the sting, but got DLA as it had more songs I knew on it :) )

WASP-The Crimson Idol (it has a bonus cd of what looks like their whole donington 92 show and a couple of covers and 2 b sides)

WASP-Unholy Terror (mmmm digipak...)

WASP-Still Not Black Enough (cant think of anything to say here except theres a nice raven on the cover)

Testament-Live At The Fillmore (they didnt have low)

Metal Church-Metal Church (old thrash band for anyone who may not know)

Adagio-Sanctus Ignis (it says "progressive melodic metal with members of elegy, pink cream 69 (im not making that one up...) and majestic" on the sticker on the cover.

Ten-The Robe (got another cd with this one too of all unreleased stuff and some acousticy numbers) If you like Bon Jovi/Def Leppard, you like ten, trust me :)

I also preordered- Slayer-God Hates Us All (they made me pre order it if I wanted to get into the instore, but I was going to buy it anyway, so its ok)

Kittie-Oracle (I had to pre order this one as well as they are doing an instore on 1st of September, and before you try and make fun of me, Kittie rule and I dont care who knows!! :) Again, I was going to buy it anyway...) I now have to find the annandale hotel as they are playing there on Saturday September the 1st, any help greatly appreciated!! (Is it close to public transport????)

Wrathy: 10 Wasted Years was 99 dollars, i was 10 dollars off :)

I havent listened to any of them yet, but I will, thats what I bought them for after all.

Spawn, you rule!!

Double Live Assassins is the best WASP live album.
The Sting is terrible.
Live In The Raw sounds much more like the first three albums (80's Glam at it's finest)

Crimson Idol is one of WASP's best. Great songwriting (by a guy who F's Like A Beast :lol: )

Unholy Terror is cool, but it took a while for me to get into.

Still Not Black Enough is strange. At first I hated it - it took me a very long time to get into. Love it now, contains a few of my fav songs. Scared To Death, Goodbye America, No Way Out Of Here.

Live At The Fillmore is one of the best live albums you'll ever find. Testament at their best. Great choice of songs too.

Originally posted by Sydo
Spawn, you rule!!
Yay! :D

Why does the sting suck? Bad production?

Does Blackie Lawless have one of the GREATEST rock voices of all time?? I mean, he is not technically perfect, but he just sounds so damn good! :eek:

Originally posted by spawn

Why does the sting suck? Bad production?

Does Blackie Lawless have one of the GREATEST rock voices of all time?? I mean, he is not technically perfect, but he just sounds so damn good! :eek:

The problem with The Sting is that is was recored as a live Net Broadcast, and I don't think they bothered producing it at all!!

It sounds basically like a boot-leg. And the song selection is almost identical to Double Live Assassins without The Crimson Idol or KFD material. :(

I love Blackies voice. For the type of band they are, it's perfect. :)

I now have to find the annandale hotel as they are playing there on Saturday September the 1st, any help greatly appreciated!! (Is it close to public transport????)

It's on Parramatta Rd. Annandale, just near the McDonalds there. Pretty small and crappy but not bad... There's a lot more room in the venue than there is on stage, that's for sure! :p

Thanks Tim, how about getting there? (I dont have a car) is there a train station nearby?

Damn, looks like im going to have to bribe one of my friends to take me, im sure they will if I pay for all their drinks while they wait for me while I go watch the concert. At least then I wont get my head kicked in on the train :D

Spawny you've really been building your WASP collection!

And yeah... Blackie's voice, although technically nothing special, is fucking BRILLIANT for that style of metal! He is in my top 5 singers ever.

Spawn, what you need now is their first 3 albums, and Hellorado :) The trashy sleaze metal ones! They are my favourites hehe.

I haven't heard Live In The Raw but I really wanna get it because I think it'd be good to have a live album capturing them while they were still in that shock rock type phase.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Spawny you've really been building your WASP collection!

Yeah, I kinda like em :D

He sounds TERRIBLE on the live tracks on the crimson idol bonus cd though, he must have had too much to drink or something, they are hitting wrong chords all the time as well, its quite comical :D
Awesome voice when not pissed though :D

Troops, the vids should get there today or monday/tuesday. Theres heaps of stuff in it, I dont have the time to write it out now, but I will later on, as none of them have tracklistings on them!

He sounds TERRIBLE on the live tracks on the crimson idol bonus cd though, he must have had too much to drink or something, they are hitting wrong chords all the time as well, its quite comical :D
Awesome voice when not pissed though :D

I always thought the same about those B-sides. Until I saw the Donnington video, from which they came. It certainly makes up for it. Johnny Rod (the bassist) sings a quite a bit on those too.

Blackie has never been much of a guitarist, but that isn't the point now is it?

Troops - I'd put him in top 5 singers too. I love it.
Don't like Helldorado much, other than the title track, Damnation Angel and High On The Flames.

Yeah, he may have been putting on a great show and jumping around etc. Which would make it hard to sing well, but Ill stick with Double live assasins :)