My latest haul fo stuff...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
(I just cut and pasted this from my journal because I cant be arsed writing it again)

Spawny goes shopping Part 186.

I went to the comic shop first, but they had moved and I forgot! Luckily, where they moved to was on the way, so I saw it and strolled right in like I knew. Excellent. Its only one street over from Utopia now. All my favourite stores are coming together, soon they will all be in one place hopefully...

So heres what I got.

Murderdolls: Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls - The drummer from Slipknot (who writes a lot of Slipknots riffs funnily enough) is in this one, so I bought it. Ive heard a couple of tracks, its sort of Motley Crue crossed with punk. Not bad, maybe the rest will suck, who knows...

Superheist:Identical Remote Controlled Reactions - Liked their last album, loved their e.p. so ill probably like this. CRAP name though, and what a f**ked cover.

Eidolon: Coma Nation - METAL!!!!!!! These guys RULE! Think early Metallica crossed with King Diamond (without the vocals, and the drummer Shawn Drover used to play in KDs solo band I think). So anyway, they rock. I havent listened to it yet, but ill mate with a yeti if it sucks.

Nile: Blacks Seeds Of Vengeance - Call ME ignorant will you! Apparently one of the finest death metal albums ever, so if I cant appreciate this, then I wont appreciate any of it. All isnt lost though, it has some cool explanations and stuff behind the songs and the lyrics rock. Ill bet the vocals blow multiple goats and other farmyard animals though and render them useless. Dont knock it till you try it though I guess.

Overkill: Hello From The Gutter - The Best Of - At least I didnt buy their live album by f**king mistake this time. 24 tracks for 30 dollars. BARGAIN! I know the band isnt getting any money out of this because of the label, but I bought Necroshine and it wasnt very good so I dont feel so bad.

Grave Digger: The Grave Digger - A certain person starting with B told me about this one "its so great" blah blah blah "noone listens to me" blah blah blah. HAPPY? ARE YOU? ;) I got the limited edition one too, so I get a bonus track. Hurrah! I spose. It might suck. But its free, so meh.

Bon Jovi: Bounce - Supposedly better than Keep The Faith which I am VERY skeptical about, as KTF is awesome, and surely it wont even approach the godliness that is New Jersey, but I shall see when I listen to it... Still no Hugh in any of the photos. Poor bastard. I guess he consoles himself with his money.

Sepultura: Chaos DVD - F**king bargain! All 3 Sepultura videos on one dvd for 29 dollars! Coolies.

Yeah, though its more punky goth than anything Motley Crue ever did, but its got some funny songs, its an album with a sense of humour lets say, ill let you know what i think of it after I have listened to it if you like :D

The songs are all based on 80s horror and b movie stuff, heres some of the song titles which will give you some idea :D

She Was A Teenage Zombie
Twist My Sister
Kill Miss America
Bmovie Scream Queen
Dawn Of The Dead

Im listening to it now. I quite like it so far :)

Ok, im 10 tracks into it Sydo and it rocks, its Rob Zombie crossed with Twisted Sister crossed with Motley Crue crossed with The Ramones, and its funny as hell, ive been sitting here at work laughing out loud to some of it, its gross, but in a bmovie kind of way :D

Its only 24 dollars, so get it, I think you will like it :)

I only had a quick listen to it, about a minute or two of each song, which isnt really enough to form an opinion yet methinks :D

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/mp3.html

A few Murderdolls songs are up for download there if anyone wants to check them out.

I like them. I don't think they are anything great, or gonna change the world or anything, but they are entertaining. Faaaar better than Slipknot...

And about the Sepultura DVD, after you watch it, tell me if it is energetic or just a boring, everyone standing still, live concert. Because I might get it... if it's good...

They're pretty good! Listening to Dead in Hollywood at the mo.

The singer bloke sounds a wee bit like Sebastian Bach in places when he would sing songs like Piece of Me and the like.

The live Sepultura stuff is great, I dont know how the hell Max can play guitar jumping around like a madman! :D Crowds a bit quiet though :cry:

People Hate Me is my current Murderdolls fave, but Graverobbing USA is close behind :)

Spawny, you rule! If you don't like GD I will never look at you (well, your screen name) the same again! Album of the year! :headbang:

I liked older Superheist too, but their new stuff is CRAP...new singer is shit...

This Murderdolls sounds interesting....I hate Slipknot, but love B-grade horror, and good punk ain't bad...hmm...

It has nothing at all to do with Slipknot musically :)

I havent given GD a listen yet, ill get to it on the weeked :D

S'alright :D His voice is a bit crap, Silence is a nice song, but they use that choir effect on the choruses all the time! All in all, not bad, but not great, maybe it will grow on me :D