Another haul to cheer myself up!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
To make up for my shitty week, I treated myself to the following:

Halford: Crucible - Been waiting ages for this one, I cant wait to listen to it! Crappy cover though.....

Sentenced: The Cold White Light - This band cracks me up, they are the most "woe is poor little me" band you will EVER hear, one of the songs is even called "excuse me while I kill myself" thats bloody hilarious right there, especially as they take themselves OH so seriously, but apparently this is a really good cd, so I shall see.... Very nice minimalist cover too

Annihilator: Refresh The Demon - Love this band. This has supposedly some more gothic influences (keyborads and moody stuff etc.) so I was really interested to see how it turns out considering Annihilator is most well known for thrash metal. Pretty crap cover.. But it was only 21 dollars so its ok.

Yngwie J. Malmsteen: Inspiration - The track Gates Of Babylon from the Dio tribute was taken from this album. The vocal performance on it was AMAZING. I mean out of this world fuck this guy is awesome amazing, not just normal amazing. AMAZING. So I had to buy the rest of the cd to see what its like. The singer is Jeff Scott Soto by the way. He rocks.

Fear Factory: Soul Of A New Machine - I love Fear Factory, why did they have to break up? (Because they all hate Dino pretty much, but anyway...) Bizzare song names on this one (Lifeblind? Natividad? Weird) 17 tracks on this, thats good value. Unless they all suck.

I also bought the Speak English Or Live S.O.D. dvd because its supposedly the funniest band dvd ever.....

Oh, and, for Sydos patience in the face of my laziness for not sending him some money to cover the WASP tape he made me (which rocked!) I bought him something at Utopia that he shall be very grateful for. As long as I get around to sending it... Or he can have whats in the box.... :D

Oh, I also bought the new Terrorizer magazine, its a prog special, so for Sprucey and Seventh, its issue 101 Jul/Aug 2002, I havent read it, but it says it has stuff on Dream Theater, Rush, Opeth, Arcturus and more. Yay.

Yes. Yes I have, they have got to be close to the most 80s cds I have EVER heard in my life :D

Event hough the solos are excessive on it (you get used to them believe me), how AWESOME is the guitar work on the debut? I mean, listen to songs like Shoot U Full Of Love and Animal, the way he works the lead fills into the riffs is brilliant. The only other guitarist I've ever heard do it that well is Eddie Van Halen.

The guitar tone is awesome too. Its damn heavy! Sooo much overdrive in the sound. It's very ear piercing, I love it!

What do you think of All Systems Go? I love some songs but overall it doesn't really hit the spot I don't think. Mark Slaughter wasn't really suited to Vinnie's guitar style and the guitar sound isn't even half as ballsy. Ashes To Ashes and Love Kills are brilliant though!

Love Kills rocks! :headbang: I thought Mark was good on the second one, the first singer was good too though, damn he can sing high!

Yes, evil Spawny had taken over for a while there, but he is nice and buried for now :D

Yeah Mark rocks :) Especially on songs like Love Kills, Ashes, Dirty Rhythm, That Time Of Year, etc... but some of the songs I think would've sounded better with the production of the debut and Robert singing. They both have such high voices! :)

I recommend checking out Slaughter too. They suit Mark's voice more than VVI, coz I mean the band is based around him. Excellent catchy hard rock/metal in the league of bands like Ratt, Dokken, Firehouse etc.. but with higher vox obviously! Get The Wild Life and Stick It To Ya , they are both awesome! And the new one Back To Reality is good too, has a more modern sound with Zakk Wydle influenced guitar on some songs.

Originally posted by spawn

Oh, and, for Sydos patience in the face of my laziness for not sending him some money to cover the WASP tape he made me (which rocked!) I bought him something at Utopia that he shall be very grateful for. As long as I get around to sending it... Or he can have whats in the box.... :D

Intriguing.. :eek: :lol:
You didn't have to do that.

btw - I have that Yngwie album and don't like it much. Carry On My Wayward Son and Gates Of Babylon are cool though.
I hate Mark Boals :(

Originally posted by Sydo

Intriguing.. :eek: :lol:
You didn't have to do that.

btw - I have that Yngwie album and don't like it much. Carry On My Wayward Son and Gates Of Babylon are cool though.
I hate Mark Boals :(

Yes I did! Someone who lives in Melbourne that I may or may not have made up said you carved an effigy of me from a big block of wood and put it at your doorway, and that every morning when you leave the house, you punch it hard, and it hurts your hand, which only makes your hate for me grow.... :D

I know, I gave the Yngwie one a listen, my impressions were not stellar........