My first mix, ears are tired, need your guys honest opinions

yeah definate pumping going on
Edit: also the kick is a little too clicky for my taste and it doesn't really match the genre. Lovin the snare though bro

yeah definate pumping going on
Edit: also the kick is a little too clicky for my taste and it doesn't really match the genre. Lovin the snare though bro

Thx dude! I actually thought the exact same thing about the clicky kick sound, atleast now i know im not going insane! Any suggestions on how to make me master louder? once i take off the first stage of compression on the master its sounds better, but losing nearly 2db RMS and i dont wanna push Ozone to much harder. Or should I?

eternally_gutted
Here are screen shots, snare was snare 12A from SSD at +2db (DAW)
And Ambience Reverb as a send -8db on 'Snare room 03' preset
Its routed to a drum buss with everything else and parallel compressed together their!

Attachments

• Snare EQ.jpg
    Snare EQ.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Reverb.jpg
    Reverb.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 47
Will pushing up the volume of all the instruments help increase the db RMS level without working the compressor harder? Any more suggestions?

If you've got a compressor on the output, increasing the input level will drive the compressor harder.

Try using the output gain of the compressor to achieve post-compression amplitude increase.

If you've got a compressor on the output, increasing the input level will drive the compressor harder.

Try using the output gain of the compressor to achieve post-compression amplitude increase.

just to clarify, are you saying, that if i turn the input level down by say '-2db' and boost the output level by '4db' ill get a clearer louder signal that just running the input and output on '0db?'

This sounds good but the overheads and the hit hat sound like shit. Too bright and harsh. Makes my ears bleed!lol

Dude the song is rad, sounds kinda like a more aggressive circa survive (old circa). I really dig it. Regarding the kick, it is a little out of place (brutal) for this style, which has already been said...i think if you bring the volume down on just the kick, you can get away with not having to change a bunch of stuff on your master bus.