Symphonic Metal Mix, Feedback please!

plisken

Metal Keyboardist
Apr 23, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, I need some feedback on this mix. Any advice, help, or feedback is much appreciated! I need some fresh ears to listen to this and tell me what they think!

Thanks!

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/plisken/wake-up-with-the-wolves-19/s-FTWDv[/SOUNDCLOUD]

The track sounds like it could be really good but mix wise, sorry mate but this is not good. Really thin sounding. I would suggest taking everything of and starting back from the start, get a rough fader mix up and have another listen to it and compare it to this one. Without hearing the original tracks I cannot comment specifically.

But:

Drums, very quiet - lost.
Guitars sound a little odd.
The symphonic keys are there but again lost.

Take everything of, get the drums up first and reference another album, leave stuff just get the balances right (faders).

Shame cos it sounds like its a good track underneath.

The track sounds like it could be really good but mix wise, sorry mate but this is not good. Really thin sounding. I would suggest taking everything of and starting back from the start, get a rough fader mix up and have another listen to it and compare it to this one. Without hearing the original tracks I cannot comment specifically.

But:

Drums, very quiet - lost.
Guitars sound a little odd.
The symphonic keys are there but again lost.

Take everything of, get the drums up first and reference another album, leave stuff just get the balances right (faders).

Shame cos it sounds like its a good track underneath.

Thank you for the feedback man! I will do everything you suggested and try it again.

Not sure what you mean by original track? This is not a cover, its an original.

Thank you for the feedback man! I will do everything you suggested and try it again.

Not sure what you mean by original track? This is not a cover, its an original.

By original I mean individual tracks sorry.

By original I mean individual tracks sorry.

ohhh, well the guitars and bass are both DI's. With the drums I think I had the room mic to high, while the drum mic's to low, so it was sounding very "wet" and indistinct. I fixed that, still fixing a few other things you mentioned. I should have a new mix down by the end of the day.

ohhh, well the guitars and bass are both DI's. With the drums I think I had the room mic to high, while the drum mic's to low, so it was sounding very "wet" and indistinct. I fixed that, still fixing a few other things you mentioned. I should have a new mix down by the end of the day.

Ok I will await :)

Here is a new mix, still needs work but wanted to get some feedback on it now.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/plisken/wake-up-with-the-wolves-36/s-WubBz[/SOUNDCLOUD]