My first mix

Hey man, first thing I would say that isn't related to the mix, is that as far as this forum goes, try to upload songs so that people can stream them rather than having to download them, you'll get a lot more responses that way! I'd suggest using: http://www.getdropbox.com/

The mix sounds pretty good man! Great for a first mix. Are the drums live/programmed/triggered? I'd say the vocals sound a little bit buried, and maybe could do with just slightly less reverb...

I would probably bring the snare up just a tiny bit.

Lead guitar tone could use some more mid/high mids to cut through a bit.

Guitar tone in general sounds quite dark, and could probably do with a bit more presence... But then again for this type of music I guess the tone works quite well. I'd say the distortion is very fuzzy as well, but I guess if that's what you were going for...

Good mix overall though man!

Hey man, first thing I would say that isn't related to the mix, is that as far as this forum goes, try to upload songs so that people can stream them rather than having to download them, you'll get a lot more responses that way! I'd suggest using: http://www.getdropbox.com/

The mix sounds pretty good man! Great for a first mix. Are the drums live/programmed/triggered? I'd say the vocals sound a little bit buried, and maybe could do with just slightly less reverb...

I would probably bring the snare up just a tiny bit.

Lead guitar tone could use some more mid/high mids to cut through a bit.

Guitar tone in general sounds quite dark, and could probably do with a bit more presence... But then again for this type of music I guess the tone works quite well. I'd say the distortion is very fuzzy as well, but I guess if that's what you were going for...

Good mix overall though man!

Thanks for the feedback! I will try some of your suggestions and as soon as possible i´ll post a new mix of the song.

I´m using Drumagog on the snare and kick drum with some samples that i found on the andy sneap ftp.

Thanks for the dropbox suggestion, the song link now is: https://dl-web.getdropbox.com/get/Electric Diva - On The Way Back.mp3?w=bc0ecac5

Thanks for the link!

Mix is good! Everything is quite balanced and good.
Guitar tone really got some serious gritt in it. Allthought lead tone needs something. Maybe a little more highs or higher mids. Something to cut throuh.
Drum's aren't half a bad! There isn't anything that really irritates, so those work. Bass is there, it supports guitar and I could hear it. Good work!
Vocs work (and gal got really good voice!)
Your drum playing is very good too! (If you're playing drums in it :rolleyes:)

And hey you didn't "try" to mix your work, you mixed it! :D MOAR!

Thanks for the link!

Mix is good! Everything is quite balanced and good.
Guitar tone really got some serious gritt in it. Allthought lead tone needs something. Maybe a little more highs or higher mids. Something to cut throuh.
Drum's aren't half a bad! There isn't anything that really irritates, so those work. Bass is there, it supports guitar and I could hear it. Good work!
Vocs work (and gal got really good voice!)
Your drum playing is very good too! (If you're playing drums in it :rolleyes:)

And hey you didn't "try" to mix your work, you mixed it! :D MOAR!

Thanks a lot for the comments! I´m very happy with the mix too and I´m working on the guitar tone. Alias, I´m working on more 7 songs!!
Hey! It´s me on the drums rsrsrsrs.:headbang:

Next step is start trying to mastering the track. Some advice?

Mix sounds good but the vocals are bugging me. It sounds like a bad autotune job :/ They sound really unnatural. And they need to be compressed a lot more, sometimes they're really buried, other times they stick way out the mix.

The mix is really dry to my liking, the vocals could use some subtle delay and reverb and maybe add some more drum room mics or if you didn't record them, then add some reverb to the whole kit (excluding the kick). And the fact that there is a solo going on beneath vocals is annoying because you can't hear it. Otherwise it sounds good.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/8192268-post89.html

Mix sounds good but the vocals are bugging me. It sounds like a bad autotune job :/ They sound really unnatural. And they need to be compressed a lot more, sometimes they're really buried, other times they stick way out the mix.

I´ll try to compress more the vocal track, like you suggested. Strange to me about your autotune comment, I used only on few parts of the vocal line. Could be anything else?

The mix is really dry to my liking, the vocals could use some subtle delay and reverb and maybe add some more drum room mics or if you didn't record them, then add some reverb to the whole kit (excluding the kick). And the fact that there is a solo going on beneath vocals is annoying because you can't hear it. Otherwise it sounds good.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/8192268-post89.html

Thanks for the tutorials links, it will be very usefull.