My first pop punk mix! Advise me!

Pursuance

AKA Kylezan
Jan 17, 2012
Houma, La
www.facebook.com

I used DI guitars into TSE 808+ x50 for all the guitars.

Took the DI from a GK 700rbi mkII for bass and all the drums are replaced SD2.

Please let me know if there are any tips you guys can give me :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
needs more bass ;) and there is clipping nearly all over the place but especially in the chorus.
maybe try a bit more room / reverb (or a different one) on the drums to create a better depth to the mix.

You're make the same mistake I see time and time again on this forum... you're treating it like a metal mix. The guitars need a fraction of the gain you've currently got, the drums need way more life, room, low end, and less attack. Work on the velocities a LOT more, too; it's obvious right now that's programmed. Crank room mics if you have them.

I've gotten some good room impulses since i did this bounce a few weeks ago that definitely help glue the drums together in the mix.

I dont know how the clipping got passed me, i guess i pumped the master too hard. My mastering needs work.

Ill try and bring that low end up on the bass without making everything muddy.

You're make the same mistake I see time and time again on this forum... you're treating it like a metal mix. The guitars need a fraction of the gain you've currently got, the drums need way more life, room, low end, and less attack. Work on the velocities a LOT more, too; it's obvious right now that's programmed. Crank room mics if you have them.

I need some better snare GOGs, these don't have many different velocity samples.

I also felt like the guitar had a little too much gain, but that TSE x50 sounds pretty weak with the lower gain stages, ill check it out and try and see if i can get the guitars to sound a bit better with it cranked down.