My first pro mix&master, black metal.

Hi, sounds really good for your first mix. The bass could standout more and some grit would be nice. I know that a good and heavy bass tone is hard to mix and getting the frequencies right and everything. Drums are to low in the mix for my taste. Did you just use the existing Metal Machine preset without any EQ or any post processing? What did you use for the guitars and bass?
Did you just mix it or did u also do reamping?

Btw any chance that you upload the raws for a song for mixing ? I really like the music and some new stuff to mix would be really awesome.

Greetz:kickass:

Hi, thanks for the comments, regarding raws I would have to ask the band, if they are ok with it, will get back with that info.

The drums are MM kick (stock) and snare (distortion and minor eq), the toms and cymbals are MoM also with distortion and eq. Processed them through superior drummer so I could tinker with bleed settings and my own plugins. Mixed them lower in volume than I normally would as I don't think they are programmed all that well.

Bass actually has a lot of grit, but the band requested that I turn it down a bit so maybe that's why its not so audible.
Guitars were reamped through my EVH head & K100 speakers. Processing on guitars is very minor, I did not even use a high/low pass.

The guys themselves had a very particular sound in mind so I did the best at mimicking that as I would have mixed this differently, but I suppose that's part of the job.