Need feedback on my first serious mix-master

archenemyst

New Metal Member
Sep 2, 2011
http://www.mediafire.com/?86oklglw6wzgjvp

thats my first attempt at a somewhat serious recording.

any feedback would be great:) im looking into a djenty-deathcore oriented project , althou my other songs sound a lot more math metal than that. i dont have a lot of polyrythmics and whatnot in this track. anyhoo:)

feedback is always welcome for improvement!

everything was recorded through a pod x3 pro and drums are midi used with superior drummer.

DAW : Logic Pro 9

adjust levels first. your volumes arent really where they should be. drums are really thin. vocals have way too much reverb. alot of the time you dont even need reverb. a bit of delay does the trick. is it real guitars?

by real do you mean recorded live through a miced up cabinet or midi?

the guitars are recorded through the Pod x3 pro from the usb input , no mics were used.

the vocals were to dry and harsh and i thought of a bit of reverb could make them more wet, but i overdid it:p ill fix those things and update. did you like the song btw? and thanks for the feedback:)

ya, i was asking if the cab was miced. since its pod, you should get rid of the room. 0% room on the cab. its hard to say what else you do for them cause the reverb is kinda muddying them up.

rework the drum samples some, superior can make some pretty great drum sounds. i personally like the nirz and black beauty snare together. btw don't master it until you've got the mix almost right.

the song-writings not bad. but i kinda just skimmed through it.