my first recorded guitars....Please help!

Ok, I would suggest a few things. Firstly listen to guitar sounds you like and then A / B them with your tone, what is different?

I would also try:

1) Make sure you are using an instrument or Hi-z input on your AD/DA. If you do not have this feature, use a DI box.
2) Make sure your guitar is of reasonable quality. Active 81 + 85's or similar low noise active pick up. Also make sure the instrument is setup properly with new strings.
3) Most importantly, make sure the guitar is played well.
4) Make sure you are leaving enough headroom and that your outboard gain structure is correct.

Once you have made sure all your hardware is in check, move on to your software.

1) Back off the amount of distortion.
2) Mids are your friend, your sound is really scooped. The guitar is not a bass.
3) Post processing. This is where 90% of your sound will come from.
- EQ will greatly improve your tones, if nothing else shave some of the top and bottom off with filters.
- Dynamic processors, become comfortable with using compressors and limiters.
- Other processing may include, multiband compression, tape and console emulators, stereo imagers just to name a few.
4) Quality editing.
5) Dither. Always use dither.
6) Gain staging is crucial. Always leave enough headroom and make sure you are not clipping anywhere (Especially plugin IO).

I hope this helps you out.

I'm away from my monitors right now but from what i could hear tmitchell33 is dead on. It does sound scooped but that can be fixed. Double Tracked? EQ info all over the forum will help as well as some harmonic exciting! it does wonders

^ Very true. I was more referring to taming the lows and highs after pod farm, I find without post EQ you are usually covering the majority of the frequency spectrum, this is where I find you have the chance to take a good tone and improve it again. But yes, my statement may have been a bit of a hyperbole.