My first solo track - Djent/Experimental

You need to right-click on the file in your dropbox folder and click on "Get dropbox link" or something like that.

nice but...do you want to add some ambient backgrounds? it would be better:)
id level up a bit the rythm guitars

delay clean guitar is too loud imho...

Sounds good dude! Definitely needs bass tho. Is there no bass track or is it just low in the mix? The riffage is sick man i love the style and the guitar tone is really good it's got that dry djenty punch but not harsh at all.

nice but...do you want to add some ambient backgrounds? it would be better:)
id level up a bit the rythm guitars

delay clean guitar is too loud imho...

Sounds good dude! Definitely needs bass tho. Is there no bass track or is it just low in the mix? The riffage is sick man i love the style and the guitar tone is really good it's got that dry djenty punch but not harsh at all.

Thanks. At least someone pointed out the flaws. Thats what i need. Keep them coming.

Personally feel the drums are a lil low in the mix, also a lil dry, great guitar tones though, nice tune too :D

the whole mix has very little presence, stick some highs in there and i would be happier. also, this all feels very empty to me, it doesnt have the coherence a mix should. i feel like the bass guitar should come up a fuck load and fill that empty space in the middle. also, that "wobby" synth sound you have sits very badly in the mix in my opinion. it should have a lot of high end, and try to get rid of some of the mids, coz it ends up swamping the mix. i feel if you get those things touched up it would be great because i love your ideas in this! very unique! nice to hear a djenty song which isnt scooped as hell!

the whole mix has very little presence, stick some highs in there and i would be happier. also, this all feels very empty to me, it doesnt have the coherence a mix should. i feel like the bass guitar should come up a fuck load and fill that empty space in the middle. also, that "wobby" synth sound you have sits very badly in the mix in my opinion. it should have a lot of high end, and try to get rid of some of the mids, coz it ends up swamping the mix. i feel if you get those things touched up it would be great because i love your ideas in this! very unique! nice to hear a djenty song which isnt scooped as hell!

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. I would try to get at them right away. :)

i am using my mates headphones right now, so if this version im hearing is the same as the one i heard the other day, then im sorry :p but here we go anyways...

sounding much nicer now man. i would say maybe push the drums up in the mix, as they dont feel like they are driving the track, but that they are only supporting it.

i think the kick could do with a tad more low end, but dont boost the volume of it at all

the cymbals sound like theyre at the right volume, but for my own personal taste, they could be a bit louder, but thats just me

the snare seems to me like its just a mass of mid frequencies. i think take out a bit of the mids, and add the slightest bit of high end, and it will sound better. and maybe add a bit of reverb, but make sure its only about 10% in the mix of the snare

that wobby synth sound is starting to sound nice, but i still think it could have alot less mids in it! and maybe drop the volume on it a fair amount, it really over rides the mix.

i really like the guitar tones now! although, if i had to be an anal douchebag, the clean riff that begins at 3:16 has a very strong punch when it is picked, and also on the delay...it almost feels percussive. im not sure what frequency you would need to cut to get rid of this massive click sound, but if you can, do it :D

but yeah man, this is REALLY coming along well, sounds far better!

i am using my mates headphones right now, so if this version im hearing is the same as the one i heard the other day, then im sorry :p but here we go anyways...

sounding much nicer now man. i would say maybe push the drums up in the mix, as they dont feel like they are driving the track, but that they are only supporting it.

i think the kick could do with a tad more low end, but dont boost the volume of it at all

the cymbals sound like theyre at the right volume, but for my own personal taste, they could be a bit louder, but thats just me

the snare seems to me like its just a mass of mid frequencies. i think take out a bit of the mids, and add the slightest bit of high end, and it will sound better. and maybe add a bit of reverb, but make sure its only about 10% in the mix of the snare

that wobby synth sound is starting to sound nice, but i still think it could have alot less mids in it! and maybe drop the volume on it a fair amount, it really over rides the mix.

i really like the guitar tones now! although, if i had to be an anal douchebag, the clean riff that begins at 3:16 has a very strong punch when it is picked, and also on the delay...it almost feels percussive. im not sure what frequency you would need to cut to get rid of this massive click sound, but if you can, do it :D

but yeah man, this is REALLY coming along well, sounds far better!

Mate that was the same version :loco:
Neways, i got a new version mixed. Give it a listen

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10355927/Rise2.mp3

Im still not satisfied with the snare. And the percussive clean sounds were intentional :)