my friend is getting married and her fiance is foot-dragging on setting the date

thanks a whole fucking lot Alex I was on cloud nine until this thread :lol:

seriously, my marriage has had its troubles and it puzzles, perplexes and pisses me off that a guy who would love to be happily married (me) has worries, and morons who are obviously maladjusted find doormats (not to insult your friend but jeez) please wake up, girl.

Yeah, she says things like, "Oh, [name]..."

Sometimes we'll all be sitting around talking and he'll be flipping through channels and, like, stop on beach volleyball.

Me: "So then I asked him what his name was, and do you know what he said? ROCQUEFORT! ahahaha!"
Her: "Hahaha! And remember when the--"
HIM: (staring at the TV) "JUGS."
(pause)
Her: "Uh, anyway, remember when the kid from UNH was on the roof, and people were trying to--"
HIM: "Too bad you don't have those anymore."
Her: "Oh, [name]."

keeping in mind that it took her years to gather up the courage to finally get her surgery because he yelled at her and dissuaded her so she was in pain for YEARS until she was finally like, "enough!" and she felt pretty self-conscious about it afterward.

scenario: me doing stretches on the floor of my then boyfriend's apartment.
several years ago. i weighed 90 pounds.

boyfriend: your legs look fatter
me: hahaha... wait lemme call my dad and tell him that.

DUMPED.

What, that I observed that her fiance is a jerk?

I haven't said it directly like that, because 1) she's well aware, and she knows, and she makes bitter jokes about it every now and then, and 2) she's more loyal to him than she would be to me and I think it would be seen as presumptuous.