My friend is on "Rockstar:Super Nova"

Danny rctv

Girl Band Geek!
May 22, 2002
San Francisco
www.realitychecktv.com
Hell yeah!I'm stoked!My old buddy Storm Large is one of the 15 finalists competing to be the lead singer of Super Nova featuring Jason Newsted,Tommy Lee,& Gilby Clarke.
The premeire of this reality show is on CBS this wed July 5 at 8pm(pst) Storm will be the girl to beat.I've know her for 16 years.Her old band Flower SF & current act now based in Portland called the Balls have always done real well locally but she's never gotten a big break until now.She's a 6 foot statuesque super model equivalent bombshell with a bombshell of a personality to go with it!A most devastating Diva & the gal can Friggin' sing like no tomorrow!So I'm anticipating she'll be one of the top people or will most definantely win this thing! You can check out her site at http://www.stormlarge.com and My Space site at http://www.myspace.com/stormandtheballs

Was lucky enough to go to a taping of this show yesterday afternoon at the CBS studio in Hollywood... the episode is to be broadcast on Tuesday Aug. 22.

Won't give anything away here, but as you know... 7 contestants left... Storm of course is 1 of them.

To be honest, I haven't seen much of this show on TV, so my comments are based solely on what I saw yesterday. Overall, it was really fun to see the taping and the very accessible rock songs that were chosen made it fun for everyone... young kids, grandmas, and all the rocker & groupie wannabes in the "pit".:lol: The contestants each showed that they have some degree of talent and personality and much better pipes than you would probably think...

To be constructively critical for a moment, some of the show contestants seemed to have no more stage presence than your local yokel karaoke singer... Geez... come on people!!!... think about it... this is your BIG CHANCE to impress some of the greatest rockers around, not to mention the TV audience!!! You gotta be willing to do some booger kicks, splits, jumps, fist pumps, yells, crowd interaction, etc to prove you have what it takes to be a big time rock frontman/woman... most of the time the contestants just kinda walked back and forth and up and down the stage... yawn... where's the energy and PERFORMANCE? To be fair, each had maybe a few very good frontman moments, but I don't know if any of them actually carried a whole song all the way through... it was hard to see any of these contestants as a polished professional front for the mighty "SuperNova" band.

The contestants could really take some lessons from Aja on how to get into a performance and "make it their own" (note: "make it their own" seems to be the highest compliment any of these contestants could possibly receive... too bad this compliment was said more than once yesterday by the judges, and undeservedly so, and therefore is rather meaningless now... but I digress)...

Anyway, good luck to all of them... just hope someone can prove they have what it takes to carry a band from the front!

By the way, the "House Band" rips! They played during breaks, etc and with their collective talent at times seemed more interesting (and overshadowed) the contestants.

I guess time will tell if any of these contestants truly have what it takes... (I think a few of them really might... just wasn't entirely convinced by what I saw yesterday.)

Cheers

:headbang:

P.S. Up the Irons!

I think it's going to come down between.Storm,Lukas,& Dilana.I think Dilana is the odds on favorite to win,she's show great stage preesense over anyone & a great voice.Storm is both prettier & has a more melodic voice & can hold her own on stage & has much more sexuality(wich she hasn't been letting fly like she's done in her other bands) That Lukas kid has the attitude & that L.A./Sunset Strip look to be ina band with Tommy Lee & Gilby.It'll be a tight race in the end.Every week I'm on line onlyu voting for Storrm.Gotta support my home girl!

I have been watching the entire series and the show I think is far better this year than last years INXS. I'm hopin for Dilana to win, but we will see. I believe that if for some reason Lukas wins, the show is rigged like it was last year, but anyway. I have Dilana, Storm, and Magni as my top 3.

UP THE IRONS!!!

How many on here were disappointed with the selection that Supernova made?

I was totally pissed off at the decision. Lukas is crap, sounds like crap, and Supernova will not make it.

I stopped watching when they gave Storm the boot.FAGS!At least she made it to the final 5 whci is waht I predicted the least she's do.I'm very proud of her but then again she's got alot of natural talent.
I did like Lukas best out of all the men.He looks like the type taht would be in a ban with Tommy Lee & Gilby Clarke.He looks like someoen from the sunset strip.Jason should stick with Voivod.