My friend told me that Nastro Azzuro and Peroni is around 5-8 bucks in the states...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
...PER GLASS AT A PUB?!?!?!?! Is this true?!?!?!?

Nastro is like the Natural Light or Pabst Blue Ribbon of Italian beer and Peroni is like Miller or Bud. Of course it tastes better, though not by much.

So if you're in a pub, go towards the English/Scottish/Irish side of beer. German and Austrian, too. Stay away from the Italian, unless you really like it for some strange reason.

I'll put it to you this way:

When my band practices together in our rehearsal space, our fridge is stocked with 3/4 liter bottles of Peroni beer. Not because we love it so much. Not because it's so delicious. Not because we have tons of money to spend on great beers during hot, sweaty speed metal practice sessions, but because they cost about 1 euro per liter.

UPDATE:

Peroni isn't good enough to actually serve at bars, but tonight I SAW A PERONI COASTER (cardboard)

Yeah, take that, Italy.

The upscale Italian restaurants here won't even serve it, they serve Newcastle usually. Or Blue Moon, in some.

The one time I went to a "biker bar" I ordered blue moon because I thought it would be the kind of thing a biker bar would serve as "classy". NOPE. Even that's too classy for them.

Biker #2: I say we kill him!
Biker Gang: [shouts] Yeah!
Biker #3: I say we hang him, then we kill him!
Biker #4: I say we scalp him!
Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!
Biker #4: Then we hang him!
Biker #4: And then we kill him!
Pee-wee: [trying to throw voice without moving lips] I say we let him go.
Biker Gang: [shouts] No!
Biker Mama: [whistles] I say you let me have him first
Biker Gang: Yeah!