My friend told me that Nastro Azzuro and Peroni is around 5-8 bucks in the states...

I kind of liked Birra Moretti when I went to Italy. Peroni didn't thrill me though.

I kind of liked Birra Moretti when I went to Italy. Peroni didn't thrill me though.

Yeah, Moretti is the probably the best cheap beer in Italy.

To be honest, I'm not a beer person. Gimme the old standbys: Guinness, Kilkenny's, and Hoegaarden and I'm happy. Maybe Leffe as well, but ONLY the dark Leffe. I never really liked beer that much. Tastes like shit, except for the aforementioned beers. Wine >>>>>>> beer.

Italian beers really do blow...

Peroni in our liqour store is fucking 2.50 a bottle, and it tastes like shit. Haven't had Nastro Azzuro.

Finding myself quite accustomed to my Bass Ale and local micro-brew IPA lately, tossing in some Hoegaarden when they have it. Sam Adam's Summer Ale is gone from our stores for the season already, so waiting for the Pumpkin Ale to start up before I switch back to Mr. Sammy.

As for cheap beer, Heineken is the cheapest I can go anymore, unless I'm getting it for free. I'll drink any free beer (Such as the Coors [which I normally despise more than anything] I was getting for free at Slough Feg a couple months back... anything thats free tastes good).

Also getting ready for my homebrewing of the fall... Not sure what I'm gonna make yet on the beer side of things, though. Otherwise, more mead, been dying for some more since I made my last batch. Also thinking of doing a Chianti of some sort, if I have the time.