My G SSL Compressor Build

Thanks guys, sorted having. Chat to someone tomorrow! I thought that's what I'd do, just wanted to be sure!!

Transformers arrived this morning. Holy shit farnell are fast! I ordered them 10 am on Friday, got them 8 am Saturday, free shipping!
Will try not to kill myself!

Grey skull regarding that 1073 do I have to have 8 channels or can I do one or two? Cos I can't find a pcb link

Hey Guys what standoffs are you using on your builds? Nylon Or aluminium? as the corners of the gssl board are earth points, I thought that you'd need metal ones right? Shits hard to find in this country for some reason....

EDIT

Easy when you actually look for the right damn thing!

Hey Guys what standoffs are you using on your builds? Nylon Or aluminium? as the corners of the gssl board are earth points, I thought that you'd need metal ones right? Shits hard to find in this country for some reason....

EDIT

Easy when you actually look for the right damn thing!

I'm using nylons in my build. The only connection to chassis ground is in my input xlr and it's in star ground with my iec socket. :)

I'm using nylons in my build. The only connection to chassis ground is in my input xlr and it's in star ground with my iec socket. :)

Okay... Sounds sensible, so that's as it comes normally right? What size diameter? m3?

Thats the way I'm used to do it and no hum problems at all :)
And the size was m3 iirc..

Bugger I accidentally ordered them..... Grounding that way's not a problem... is it? What height did you get as well? 5mm?

Bugger I accidentally ordered them..... Grounding that way's not a problem... is it? What height did you get as well? 5mm?

Grounding that way is ok! Just make sure that this is the only place that you connet to the chassis otherwise you might get groundloops and hum. And if you install turbo and ssc boards check that you dont create ground loop by using the metal stands with those (I dont remember how those pcb's were). 5mm is ok

RIGHT
Finally gotten most of the build done, Just a tiny bit of metalwork left to do.
Borrowed a Lasercutter to make the front panels, Still need to figure out the meter light... Anyone?

Still need to do the unity gain mod, as put this unit in boosts the signal 6db! making the makeup knob a bit tricky!

In the mean time; here's a video!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBfqWR6kFsw&context=C3e24cb5ADOEgsToPDskInJjR7_hk3wAcjeDT7ZPjV[/ame]

Just did the unity gain mod today. Totally necessary !! Anyone got any idea on where to draw the power to light the meter?