My heavy-power band's debut: MORTON - Grimoire (EP)

? not getting it...

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm

"More often than not, your amps output is more than your ears can handle. To maintain the tone of a cranked amp with saturated tubes and output transformers, a device called an attenuator is placed between the output of your amp and the speaker. Weber offers a variety of attenuators for different applications."

you can crank the amp, powertubes are saturated but you can keep the volume low. so his amp wasnt that loud, even with output at 5.
clear?

poweramp on 5 on a 5150... this had to be fuckin loud! :OMG:

Great songs.. usually i don't listen to this kind of metal...but this is very cool!

Thanks:) Yeah, attenuator made it bearable to use in my small vocal room (6x9 feet).
now i'm using it in my drum booth (9x14 feet) and i turn my peavey on on any volume i need. Though the old fucker sounds louder then the whole drumset :zombie: damn, how i totally love this amp. and my mesa mark IV, 1991 as well ^_^

rvs0002: thanx!)

Mago: thank you! i think that the photo of sm57 position would be even less usable then explanation. in fact, you've got only three dimensions and the starting point is no more then 1 inch from the grill, no more then 1 inch from the axis of the speaker, no angle. Each cab has it's own flavour in sound, so you should check several positions and compare them with each other and with your favourite references (I think using references is a cool learning method).

Mago: thank you! i think that the photo of sm57 position would be even less usable then explanation. in fact, you've got only three dimensions and the starting point is no more then 1 inch from the grill, no more then 1 inch from the axis of the speaker, no angle. Each cab has it's own flavour in sound, so you should check several positions and compare them with each other and with your favourite references (I think using references is a cool learning method).

Oh well, that's anyway great to know!
Last time I mic'ed an amp is allready some time ago (1.5 years or so), and there anyway plenty of time until I'll get the equipment to do reamping...
But you gave me a great point to start, and also some great reference =)
cheers and good luck with your music!