My Heavyiest guitar tone yet!!! please need help improving!!!

hkollner

Oct 5, 2008
Sounds really good to me. I like the one with the lead better!. Anything else in the chain of the guitars? Great tone

Well heres the complete chain:

Reagate --> SoloC preamp v2 --> 8505 --> Boogex with Catharsis s-preshigh --> ReaEQ and last waves C4 with andy's preset :worship:

any suggestions on improving the mix?

I like the one with the lead better. But maybe arranging wise you can combine the two.

Mix sounds pretty decent, is there bass in there or not? I'm not hearing it.
What's really weird is that the snare sometimes has a really weird sub-low frequency sound to it (it's like 60hz or something) It's not always there but certainly most of the time.

I like the one with the lead better. But maybe arranging wise you can combine the two.

Mix sounds pretty decent, is there bass in there or not? I'm not hearing it.
What's really weird is that the snare sometimes has a really weird sub-low frequency sound to it (it's like 60hz or something) It's not always there but certainly most of the time.

Yeah i put RBass on the snare to make it stand out more! otherwise its to thin!

there is bass guitar in there though, will go look into the bass not being heard!

Could be that it is clashing with the low snare frequencies i think. I listened back and there was bass but no very recognisable (It helps to that the e-snips player is really destroying most of the sounds quality)

What i intend to do with snare's is i hi-pass at 50/60hz (or something else, depends really) and i raise at 200hz to get some body in there. Make a dip at somewhere between 500/700 hz and i raise at 4/5 khz and somewhere between 7,5 and 9 khz for some brightness. And i my opinion my snare sounds are never really thin :) (Again it depends on the snare too, but mostly this does the trick ;)) Hope this helps :)

Could be that it is clashing with the low snare frequencies i think. I listened back and there was bass but no very recognisable (It helps to that the e-snips player is really destroying most of the sounds quality)

What i intend to do with snare's is i hi-pass at 50/60hz (or something else, depends really) and i raise at 200hz to get some body in there. Make a dip at somewhere between 500/700 hz and i raise at 4/5 khz and somewhere between 7,5 and 9 khz for some brightness. And i my opinion my snare sounds are never really thin :) (Again it depends on the snare too, but mostly this does the trick ;)) Hope this helps :)

thanx for the advice! i go and try to fix that problem and aply your settings to it ;)