My (hopefully) new neck for my Jackson

Speaking Of Guitars, i was over at www.jcfonline.com
and i was using their custom Guitar generator, and I generated what my current guitar will look like after all the modifications are done,

My%20Final%20Guitar.JPG

And my custom guitar, Now my question to you all here on the board is, what looks better, the one with the gold pickup ring and the white headstock, or the one with the black pickup ring and the black headstock??
My%20Custom%20Guitar%202.JPG

My%20Custom%20Guitar.JPG

Input Needed Please.

The one with the plack pickup ring and the black heagstock looks awsome, the other one looks like somthing a pimp from "da hood" would use :p

That 24 fret neck might not fit your guitar. It could be a different scale length, which would knock your intonation to hell. Otherwise, it still would look awesome!

thats why im gonna take out the neck PU and route it down a little bit before i put it in.

Damn, you're going to have a fun time playing those 24 frets aren't you? You should sand a small indent on the lower wing of the guitar (where the neck joins the body), kind of like Alexi's ESP model, so you can have better access to the higher registers.

Pita Bread said:
Damn, you're going to have a fun time playing those 24 frets aren't you? You should sand a small indent on the lower wing of the guitar (where the neck joins the body), kind of like Alexi's ESP model, so you can have better access to the higher registers.
Actuall i was thinking the same thing, since it will be further down the body (harder to reach), i might just do something like that.

WEll i lost the auction, fuck.
It went up to $168 if you can beleive it.

Sucks, oh well, next time around

I'd like to know that too. The RR24 prototype was supposed to be displayed at the NAMM show, but apparently there was something wrong with it, so they didn't put it up. According to people inside Fender, it will be a neck-thru import, in the same price range as the RR5. =P~~~~~~

I would've liked to hear testimonies regarding the new JS30xx string-thru pointies from NAMM as well, but no trace of 'em so far. -_-

'bane

They're also supposedly coming out with a JS series of the the RR model. It's extremely low end, but somehow, it still has 24 frets. I'd buy one just to supe it up!

Finally: The JS30xx models are out there:
namm46.JPG

Looks like they scrapped the blade switches and put a toggle on them instead.

If these will be made in Japan, they will be excellent bang for the buck. I'm not sure about the pickups, although some people say they're actually pretty good.

'bane

Is there anyway to safely switch a 22 fret neck to a 24 and just set it up with a different scale length? Cuz I'm gonna do the same thing with my Jackson, and I wanna go to a 24, but if it's gonna be impossible to intonate, I'll just stick with 22.

plfffffft said:
Is there anyway to safely switch a 22 fret neck to a 24 and just set it up with a different scale length? Cuz I'm gonna do the same thing with my Jackson, and I wanna go to a 24, but if it's gonna be impossible to intonate, I'll just stick with 22.
Unfortunately, it won't work. If you alter the scale length, you'd also have to relocate the frets (the 12th fret is always at the center of the string for instance (give or take a little, due to different string guages)). A 24-fret neck is longer than a 22-fret one of the same scale length (since it has 2 extra frets), so if you just swapped them, the frets would be in the wrong places. That's why bobvex is routing the neckpocket deeper into the body on his Rhoads: He must accomodate the longer neck while keeping the frets all lined up.

However, you could check out Warmoth's replacement necks (www.warmoth.com). They have standard length necks with 24-fret fretboards on them. This means that there's a big overhang where the last 2 frets are sitting, but it might work. You'd have to sacrifice the neck pickup to make room for it though, so it probably wouldn't look as pretty as before (and you get no logo on the headstock). It's also not granted that a Warmoth neck would fit the neckpocket of your guitar perfectly - the tolerances may vary between brands.

'bane